The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I just wonder .... if you lose enough weight with 5:2 and you continued this WOE, will there eventually comes a time that you stop losing weight and just maintain. Or will you lose weight until you are scary thin? :confused:
hahaha, as far as that I will probably never come, but I just wonder if your body stops by itself to lose weight.
I see that many people choose at some point to do 6: 1 to maintain.

Has anyone already do 5:2 (for years) until they reach a 'suitable' weight and remains so?
Jinta wrote: I just wonder .... if you lose enough weight with 5:2 and you continued this WOE, will there eventually comes a time that you stop losing weight and just maintain. Or will you lose weight until you are scary thin? :confused:
hahaha, as far as that I will probably never come, but I just wonder if your body stops by itself to lose weight.
I see that many people choose at some point to do 6: 1 to maintain.

Has anyone already do 5:2 (for years) until they reach a 'suitable' weight and remains so?

There's a recommendation I read somewhere that says to only feed the body you want. 5:2 is a 21% reduction in total food intake. So if your body works best at that intake level you will eventually stop losing weight and reach a plateau once the excess is gone. At that point your intake will match your TDEE.

Long term for most people, there's no returning to a former way of eating without regaining weight. That means they must create a new definition for "normal eating" by changing how and what they eat. Those that delight in finding and trying new foods and learn to enjoy the transition process (thereby replacing old habits) will succeed. Those who reject making these all-important changes, become yoyo dieters.
[quote="ADFnFuel"

"Long term for most people, there's no returning to a former way of eating without regaining weight. That means they must create a new definition for "normal eating" by changing how and what they eat. "

Glad to see you reiterating what is so obvious, to me and lots of us on this forum, yet a lot of people seem blind to the fact that if eating 'normally' makes you put on weight then perhaps a reassessment of your definition of 'normal' could, and should, be in order. Who said " the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"? ( or words to that effect)

Ballerina x :heart:
This is my second week of doing more than one fast in one week, just to maintain. For quite a while I was successful in maintaining without proper fasting (by keeping an eye on food intake seven days a week or skipping breakfast 2-3 times a week) but frequent snacking in between meals became a problem again, or second helpings during dinner.
However, there were two reasons that stopped me from continuing fasting twice a week; my family thought I was losing too much and to be honest I'd rather not fast at all. After 19 months I am still trying to find the right balance.
4 posts Page 1 of 1