The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Who is a nutriblaster here as part of their healthy eating plan. Do you have a fave recipe. Do you do it on fast days?

Got a belated chrissy present on the weekend.. a Nutribullet

Love it. i only do fruits as i prefer spinach and kale in my stirfries! I can handle cucumber, celery and avocado but thats as green as i go.

And on a fast day its just 1/2 a glass as the calories can be 300 per glass if you add the protein powder, nuts, chia and other boost ingredients as they call it.

I thought my blender was ok for these kinds of drinks but the fact each person here can make their own concoction is really kewl. And its virtually no washing up so beats a cold press juicer which i also have but i cry when i see all the goodness of the fibre going to the worms.

this explanation from their site seems legit.

https://www.nutriliving.com/answers/115 ... an-juicing

nutriblast3.jpg

nutriblast1.jpg
nutriblast1.jpg (141.15 KiB) Viewed 703 times

nutriblast2.jpg

nutriblast4.jpg
Me but not daily. I use mine for grinding my coffee beans and also nuts with the grinder blade. Typically I do a berry smoothie with half a banana, spinach, berries, super elixir greens powder (Australian!) and either water or coconut water.
rawkaren wrote: Me but not daily. I use mine for grinding my coffee beans and also nuts with the grinder blade. Typically I do a berry smoothie with half a banana, spinach, berries, super elixir greens powder (Australian!) and either water or coconut water.

whats super elixir greens powder @rawkaren?

the recipes on this site are amazing. click any ingredient on https://www.nutriliving.com/ in middle of page and voila.. a tonne of clearly described recipes and a bit of a feedback forum. im just in my honeymoon period probably but you should see us all buzzing aroudn here with so much energy.. . maybe its in our head??
Juliana.Rivers wrote: whats super elixir greens powder @rawkaren?

http://www.welleco.com/product-information#
@Juliana.Rivers during a recent all night insomnia experience (@CandiceMarie) :wink: , I saw this on a shopping channel (what me?) and was quite tempted. As I don't normally go for the latest 'gadgets' sell I'm interested in your threading moment. :grin:
I was very tempted :sleepy: :smile:
Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between use a nutribullet and using my kenwood blender?
@Wildmissus
Something like this?
https://www.nutribullet.com/
I guess the question is what are the 3 things that help you most in the kitchen that one can afford and enjoy.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
I have a vitamix and l o v e it. I do not use it daily but certainly several days a week. I use it as a coffee grinder, breadcrumb maker, smoothies, frozen treats etc. I enjoy kale and apple smoothies or berries with almond milk or protein powder. Sometimes I clean out the fridge of leftovers and make soup purees. I use my sodastream on a daily basis for sparkling waters and of course my coffee pot.
More days than not I use a high speed stick blender to mix up one bulletproof coffee variation or another. This completely avoids the swelling, seething, foaming mess the Nutribullet makes when you hit the switch with boiling water in it. No morning jjjjjolt ... or need to reset the electrical circuit breaker afterwards either.
wildmissus wrote: Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between use a nutribullet and using my kenwood blender?

Its the power of the motor @wildmissus. Deals with everything. Bit like a vitamix only easier to clean although the vitamix is much better for larger quantities of things and can heat soup from cold due to its power. I have one in the UK and it's the best thing I have in the kitchen.
3 am and I'm still up... Power is certainly part of the difference. My many decades old cheap blender runs circles around an earlier model Nutribullet. The difference is getting a creamy smooth Peanut Satay versus a grainy, gritty one. The other difference lies in blade design. The closer the blade is to the base of the blender the greater pull it has on the material above it, the finer the resulting chop for a given run time. Many newer blenders have the cutter permanently built into the container to get that result.
Lizbean wrote: @Juliana.Rivers during a recent all night insomnia experience (@CandiceMarie) :wink: , I saw this on a shopping channel (what me?) and was quite tempted. As I don't normally go for the latest 'gadgets' sell I'm interested in your threading moment. :grin:
I was very tempted :sleepy: :smile:

normally im not allowed to buy anything off the tv (have done this many times before).. so i sneaked this one in...

Well i think i watched the infomercial here a gazillion times and by the end i could just recite the text. I was inspired by the blonde who says shes never felt better. Anyhow i "ordered one" from a chrissie present. Albeit late i love it. bit gadgety i know and even i was saying why not just use a blender but there is something extraordinary about it. and its equivalents that are growing.

so why not.. all the members of this household have never had so much energy. tonight i made this really nice breakfasty one with
banana
pear
almond milk
madjool dates
raspberries
flaxseed

was so so nice.
Lizbean wrote: @Wildmissus
Something like this?
https://www.nutribullet.com/
I guess the question is what are the 3 things that help you most in the kitchen that one can afford and enjoy.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

that site just shows the bottom of the range 600 watter. which is what i got. in Australia you can get nothing else unless you deal with ebayers that sell the 900 watter.

but check this out

https://www.nutriliving.com/shop

theres an RX model
a party model
a baby model
a juicing thing.

only in America though

agree to a certain extent the blender thing and mine is 2000 watt or something so can probably do the same thing if i wanted it to.
My nutriblasted breakfast to go. Was a non fast day for me but would do this on a fast day for lunch.

Late breakfast blast (shared amongst 3)

Banana
Pear
Raspberries
squeeze of fresh lime
Ground flaxseed.
Rolled Oats
Greek Yoghurt
Almond Milk
Medjool date
Cardoman seeds
Pumpkin seeds
Raw cacao powder
Ice

Who needs muesli or porridge when you have a nutribullet (or similar). All raw ingrediients and literally takes 5 minutes to make. I now have dedicated a pantry cupboard just above my nutriblast for all my ingredients.
nutriblast5.jpg

nutriblast6.jpg
17 posts Page 1 of 2