The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Fast Friday, May 22
22 May 2015, 06:27
I'm fasting today… at least until someone comes along to take me for a drink. It's been that kind of day :-(
Re: Fast Friday, May 22
22 May 2015, 07:12
I'm now scheduled for a drink tomorrow, so I'd better stick to my fast today!
22 May 2015, 07:27
@MaryAnn have a virtual hug I had one of those weeks last week :-(

I'm in today and feeling quite positive not sure if that is because the sun is shining or its bank holiday weekend or the fact I found Moussaka in Waitrose for 280 calories for dinner tonight !

Happy Fast Day everyone hope its a good one :-)
22 May 2015, 07:57
hey MaryAnn sending you a virtual hug. Hoping the day gets better for you..... Am glad you are going for a drink tomorrow nothing like getting out with friends and relaxing. :heart:
I am also fasting for the first time in weeks today.
22 May 2015, 09:40
Hugs @MaryAnn. I hope the day gets better for you and I hope you have one heck of a good drink tomorrow!

(and yep - reporting in for my last fast of the week)
22 May 2015, 11:07
support also @MaryAnn
Looks like I'm in as well. Wakened at 5.55am with a fire alarm evacuation (false) and hotel breakfast didn't happen...
lunch will be sandwiches and I'm not hungry
so I'll be as well holding off until dinner time. I'll see what the caterers are offering and have something then. It's so versatile and adaptable this way of eating!
22 May 2015, 12:28
I'm having a low Friday too. Maybe not as low as a full fast because I'm doing my first park run tomorrow. :victory: and as I can't do brekkie anymore I will eat a bit more today to carry me through till lunch tomorrow. Chicken marinated in Indian spices with stir fired veg for dinner.
22 May 2015, 15:43
Joining you in the festivities of the day! I'm doing OK. Wish you all a good fasting. I am being good. :clover:
Very busy with lovely 12 week old puppy, but she's doing very well, settled in and house trained. We're looking forward to walks eventually. Off the gym for a while, damaged myself last week pushing too hard. The resulting pinched neck nerve was SO painful, but osteopath has helped me and pain far less now.
22 May 2015, 16:15
Reporting in late, but I am fasting today...

Hope all is well with everyone......
22 May 2015, 17:15
I'm in today, ended up doing a half fast on Tues. I'll try harder...
<<<HUGZ>>> to all who need it.
22 May 2015, 19:25
The Fast Friday crowd is a small one! I'm in - doing 5:2 for a while (instead of my usual 6:1) till I get back in my "range". Had a latte already to beat this infernal rain, then for dinner... not sure, actually. There is nothing in the fridge, and going food shopping on a fast day is generally a bad idea. Go out to eat??
Edit: @Carieoates, your dinner sounds excellent. Send me some?
22 May 2015, 19:29
Hugs @maryann and @katharina ouch,sounds painful,get well soon x
Any puppy pix?
Well done fab friday fasters..i havent fasted for weeks,just cant do it sometimes,but not gonna beat myself up,
I will get my mojo magic back one way or another! X
22 May 2015, 23:04
Good luck on your park run, @carieoates!

I survived my fast, and seem to have lost 0.7 kg since I last weighed, so Yay!
22 May 2015, 23:55
Well, I'm here late as usual. @carieoats do you have a recipe you can post somewhere? that dinner sounds fabulous. Why do you not do breakfast anymore? I never eat breakfast as I don't get hungry until the afternoon. I had a veg and tofu stir fry for my afternoon meal and am still not hungry. I think I'll manage until bedtime with nothing else making it a 200 calorie fast day. I may have some almond milk, though, only 30 calories for a glass :). Big congrats on your weightloss @MaryAnn :victory:

Sleep well, fellow fasters!
23 May 2015, 04:18
I did go out to dinner! Walnut crusted trout (ate half) with sweet potato mash, steamed string beans, and a cup of lamb and kale soup. It's one of my favorite restaurants. So, possibly a 600 calorie day (very rough estimate) but I'm ok with that, given how much I enjoyed it.
16 posts Page 1 of 2