The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
First week's results
24 May 2015, 21:57
Scales are hateful things!

After 1 week I feel lighter, I've lost 1cm off my bust, nearly 5cm off my waist and even a couple of items of clothing feel less snug . . . . . But according to the scales I am 100gm heavier than I was a week ago. This doesn't seem to make much sense . . . Is this 'normal' ?

Would love to hear if anyone else has experienced this . .

Cheers
Re: First week's results
24 May 2015, 22:52
Congratulations @Moving Forward. A terrific start. I think it works differently for everyone. I wouldn't worry about 100gms. Just make sure you are weighing at the same time of day, in the same conditions etc, and that the scales are accurate. With our old scales I could weigh differently before and after a shower and I wasn't THAT dirty! Measurements and clothes are a much better measure. Keep going and you will probably find the scales catch up.
25 May 2015, 12:45
https://www.fastday.com/fasting/why-the ... the-truth/

Hello and I am so glad you measured yourself first. It's a common mistake to start fasting and not have measurements. Read the link above and spend a while reading for the fasting library, it's all there everything you need.
Good luck and let's see how you get on from now on.
25 May 2015, 16:59
Congratulations with the results so far!

As you probably know, the body can fluctuate a couple of pounds either way depending on what the time of day is. Anything from increased muscle mass to water retention to increased sodium levels can increase your mass. More than likely, you might find you actually *have* lost weight! as your measurements indicate, but as its a different time as Sallyo said your weigh in doesn't show that.

Don't be discouraged. Your measurements alone show you've done great for your first week! (and if your weight does go up in the future, there's a good chance if you're doing everything correct its temporary and we all go through it).
25 May 2015, 20:00
Hi flic! I would totally agree with the posters. Weight needs to be taken with a grain of salt ????? because you can be absolutely on point in your eating and have the scale go up a few pounds. :confused: And you can weyhey for a few days and have it go down a few. :bugeyes: Go figure! I've been at this for quite awhile now, and I've found that it often happened that I have been stuck on the scale but my clothes are definitely loose and I'm putting on smaller sizes that fit! Also, weird things happen like all of a sudden noticing that your wrists, ankles and feet are thinner and your rings fall off your fingers! " If I could give one bit of advice, it would be: Believe it until you make it. Just believe and work with it. Know you are in this for the long haul, that the changes you are making are a Way Of Life and that the quality of that life will be so improved.
So congrats and good luck! :victory:
26 May 2015, 00:35
5cm off your waist! That's an awesome result, and far more important for your health than a number on a scale. Don't sweat it over your weight. It's bound to come down. On this diet in particular, there will be some mad fluctuations, since fasting (or being on 500 cals) will involve water weight loss due to use of glycogen stores. On non-fast days, though, the stores get built up again...
6 posts Page 1 of 1