The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I came across this article in the Guardian and found both the article and the thousands of comments thought provoking.
The article is not 5:2 related but i thought its a good one to look at generally as our body image, attitude to dieting is something very dear to many of us.

A self proclaimed "serial dieter" Callie must never have tried 5:2 as that may have just been the answer for her.

thoughts..?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -size-body
Well, it is good that she has learnt not to hate herself because nobody should hate themselves for how they look, whether they are fat, plump, slim, muscled or scrawny. But she is fairly young, so while she may feel OK now and for some years to come, she is still upping her risks of such things as diabetes and subjecting her joints to years of excessive wear and tear which she may later regret when aches and pains and mobility issues surface. In other words, love the fattie whether it's you or someone else, but hate the (surplus) fat.
I have a friend who a few years ago announced she wasnt ever going to diet again,after various attempts at WW/ SW/ low fat etc etc..
Since that day,ive never heard her once say what she' s eaten or hasnt eaten,tho we used to spend quite a lot of time telling each other what we had ( usually) overeaten
She has stayed the same weight,has plenty of nice clothes, no apparent health probs,and is always smiling.
She is far from slim but always looks nice. I cant help feeling she has totally simplified her life and that,unless some weightrelated problem lies ahead for her, she may have made the best decision ever,that day about three years ago.
Ps she's in her late fifties.
3 posts Page 1 of 1