The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Thursday 22/10/15
22 Oct 2015, 07:55
:like: :clover: :smile:
Another Thursday, another good long fast before the attenuated wahey of the weekend :smile:
Just getting outside of my first tisane, a yummy lemon verbena to wake me up.
Good luck fellow fasters, we can do this, yes we can :like:
Re: Fasting Thursday 22/10/15
22 Oct 2015, 09:40
Um, am I fasting alone today?
Now on my first decaf black coffee of the day and then it's off to do The Big Shop. Bound to miss the parcel being delivered some time today.
Hey ho. Onward :0)
22 Oct 2015, 10:32
No Azureblue, you are not alone. I am fasting too, as Thursday is my regular 6:1 day. Thank you for your encouraging words in the first mail. I need them. A miserable rainy day and I too feel miserable... Tomorrow morning I'll feel great, the after effects of fasting are always so good. Tic Toc, I wish the time would go a bit faster...
22 Oct 2015, 11:42
I'm here too, and currently enjoying a bowl of Butternut Squash soup. Heading out soon to M&S armed with one of their 20% off coupons.
22 Oct 2015, 15:29
*waves* Hi there!
I'm afraid my fast became a bust at 3pm when our car broke down for the 5th time in 3 months and we had to be towed back to the garage again. I'm so stressed from it I'm still shaking. The wonderful RAC man brought us and our 5 bags of shopping home too, bless him. The need for sweet junk food overcame me, just a little.
I think I need to embrace home delivery, it's safer :0.
22 Oct 2015, 16:28
Oh no @Azureblue, not the car!
I'll join the club still suffering from internet infarction at home which is driving me absolutely round the bend. Engineer comes tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.
I have an evening meeting over supper so I must chose my 500 cals wisely and if not I'll be fasting tomorrow. :shock:
Hope everyone else is having a successful day! :clover:
22 Oct 2015, 18:09
My day went quite quickly - a walk with a friend this morning, retail therapy this afternoon and best of all I booked a holiday. Chicken casserole and steamed green veg for dinner.
I hope the 2lb gain I saw on the scales this morning was a blip not part of a trend!
22 Oct 2015, 18:29
I've been fasting today too - herring and crispbread in the afternoon and semolina this evening.

I'm losing weight at a dignified glacial rate.
22 Oct 2015, 18:55
Also fasting! I've had a greek yogurt and a cup of miso soup, plus some coffee today. I feel a little tired and off today, not sure why, but I know I will feel better in the AM. Weight is trending downward at about 3/4 lb per week or so. At this rate, I'll be into December or January before I hit goal, but that's OK.
Keep going, everyone!
22 Oct 2015, 21:27
I've been fasting today but didn't intend to when I woke up this morning! I had a lie-in and then got busy on the computer with Minutes and Agendas etc from a couple of groups that I'm involved with. Then I had to go out and play my accordion with a U3A group of players and singers at a local senior citizens home. By the time I got home it wasn't worth eating, so I ate a moderate dinner at about 7pm and that's been that. Done and dusted! :victory:
Let's hope that it won't all go to pot tomorrow! I am currently two pounds under target, so that is a good reason for not going too mad on my non-fasting days! :smile:
Sorry to hear about your car, @Azureblueand your internet, @Lizbean. Things mechanical can be a complete nuisance sometimes, can't they? :cry:
Good luck to those still fasting! Stay strong! :clover: :clover:
22 Oct 2015, 22:30
Ok everyone, supper was lovely, needless to say I'm fasting tomorrow. Well I'm mean to say it's no good me cheating myself over, never.
@SianS I was also sent a bundle of 20% off vouchers at M&S, I gave them to colleagues and I am very popular today :wink:
Sugar, my internet is finally working, my home phone is not ......... big BT bill tomorrow? :frown:
Take care everyone. :clover:
23 Oct 2015, 00:26
I'm in today, almost 5:30pm here, just got around to making my broth noticed I was feeling a little "hollow"! Will have a snack soon, then a larger stir fry later on. Hope my downward trend continues at weigh in tomorrow. Finally made it to the ramen place yesterday, been craving that, so was feeling quite satisfied. It is "Hawaiian" style ramen, though I of course have the veggie broth and tofu..and the yummy noodles. Ooh, let's not follow this train of thought.... :razz:
12 posts Page 1 of 1