The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today - Monday 2 May
01 May 2016, 20:29
Morning all, it feels quite autumnal this morning as I set out for my morning walk. Busy day in the office planned with just tea and water before an apple around 5 on the way to the gym then a veggie curry tonight. How will you be spending your fast day?
Re: Monday 2 May
01 May 2016, 23:09
I'll join you in spirit. Ran 10k this morning plus 20K more betwen the stationary bike and elliptical this afternoon. All of two cups of coffee.

:like: :smile:
01 May 2016, 23:27
Hi@Pilchards and good morning, I'll be in when it's morning here. Your plan today sounds great. A morning walk and the gym, then finish the day off with a lovely veg curry. Do you always do this much activity on a fast day? I know I need to up my activity, on all days. Thanks for veg curry idea, I'll be making it for my fast day meal on Thursday. Wishing you and everyone else an easy fastday
02 May 2016, 00:32
justdee wrote: Hi@Pilchards and good morning, I'll be in when it's morning here. Your plan today sounds great. A morning walk and the gym, then finish the day off with a lovely veg curry. Do you always do this much activity on a fast day? I know I need to up my activity, on all days. Thanks for veg curry idea, I'll be making it for my fast day meal on Thursday. Wishing you and everyone else an easy fastday

Hi @justdee, I walk every morning rain hail shine or fast day. If I do exercise later on a fast day I generally have a piece of fruit on the way to give my energy levels a bit of a boost but don't find it a problem exercising and fasting. In fact it is a good distraction and I REALLY enjoy my dinner! Everyone is different though and I am blessed with lots of energy so it might not work for everyone.
I'm fasting today. Have not fasted in a long time. So joining you.
Hi everyone,it was a fast day for me as well,I work as a domestic cleaner so hard work most days,I save my calories for dinner only,just 2 litres of water through the day,and short black in the morning
Rosa
@Pilchards, I used to go for a daily walk and remember really enjoying it and I know it had a positive effect on my mood. I don't even know why I don't still do it. I'll start again tomorrow, scratch that, I'll start again today, no time like the present,,,, I don't even know why I said tomorrow, (habit :oops: one I've got to break). Hope your day is going well. :)
Hello @Rawkaren, lovely to see you, I returned just over 3 weeks ago, I hadn't fasted for over a year. I'm finding it much easier than I remember. I'm keeping it nice a simple, just 5:2 and my weight is dropping. I hope your return too fasting is as easy as mine. Good luck :clover:
I'm here as usual for a Monday although it is a bank holiday here. Hubby who is a maths tutor is very busy at this time of year as the exams approach so won't take the day off. I've been pottering round the garden tidying things up a bit an will go out again and do some weeding until it starts to rain then it will be ukulele practice. I'm planning lemon chicken with cannelini beans for dinner - only 275 cals so room for some veggies as well.
I'm done for the day 700 cals but it is my first one for a while so I will take that. :grin:
I'm fasting today also. 2 cups coffee, but forgot about water till just now. I should walk now. Thanks for reminders for walk and water Newgirl and Justdee. :like: :clover:
Annie
How funny so much mention of walking, I was just thinking I should get back into it. I know why I stopped, bad weather, but got no excuse now, it's been beautiful here! I'm in, just having my green tea now. I need my "jolt" of black coffee first thing, but after that find a nice pot of green tea is perfect; it provides me with a low trickle of caffeine (usually takes me a couple of hours to finish), without the excessive acid of coffee (which can be problematic when you're not eating). And some claim green tea helps burn cals.
My day is done :) I did manage to go for a short walk, will go for a longer one tomorrow. Bed time soon, looking forward to that post-fastday feeling. :)
12 posts Page 1 of 1