The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

25 posts Page 1 of 2
Well, it's been a long while in the making, but the new look FastDay site & forum (plus a new & improved version of the tracker) is ready to go live!

We'll do our best to keep downtime to a minimum. The forum will be disabled from approx 9.30am on Thursday 25th August and the new version should be available within a couple of hours of that assuming all goes according to plan :) :clover:

Thanks for your patience in waiting for this update, which will resolve a number of tracker issues and annoyances as well as giving us a shiny new look.
Thanks ever so much for doing this @Moogie - hope it all goes smoothly! :wink:
Bean :heart:
Well, as you can probably see, the revamped FastDay site & forum is here at last! I hope you like it :)

Should you have any issues with logging in, please as a first port of call try deleting your old FastDay cookie and/or restarting your device.

If for any reason your password isn't accepted (I believe they have all ported over correctly... but there's always something that goes awry when you move a site, haha) please use the forgotten password option on the login page to set up your password again.

Any problems, let us know and we'll do our best to fix things swiftly.
Most things seem to work fine for me, like the new look on desktop, did not try any other device yet. Nice to have a desktop version that really includes many direct links (better than many sites that seem to prefer large pictures over many options :smile: ). One issue: after posting a reply I did not come back to a screen that showed the reply (instead a blank screen was shown), however, the reply was send, so no problem there.

Edit: It did work fine with this second reply, so perhaps no problem at all
Thank you Moogie, looks great.
I only have one observation to make. When using the 'view active topics' the icon on the left hand side is the same whether there are unread posts or not. If you hover over the icon it tells you but not as easy as before when the tick(?) changed colour and you could just glance down the list to see if any of the threads you are following have been added to. Apart from that it all looks great .
I like the new tracker but it would be nice if you had the option to spread it over several sheets similar to Libra as when you have been at it a while it is a bit scrunched up and small changes are difficult to appreciate.

I hope you don't think I am being too critical after all your hard work . These 2 small points are the only things I have found that are not completely fine.
Thanks for that @Lil, the icon should change colour so I'll look into that!

For the tracker, I take it you're talking about the graphs? I'll have to see if what I can do about that, I'm not sure if the chart system we use allows for that sort of thing, but I'll do my best!
I've sorted the icon colour change on the search results/active/new/unread topics listings - sorry about that! A silly typo, I had put 'gray' instead of 'grey', doh!
Thanks@Moogie

Now another little point. I used the thumbs up to thank you but my name didn't come up. Checked some other posts where people have been thanked and although it says how many people have done it it doesn't give their names as it did before. Not sure if this is deliberate .
To tidy things up, I put the list of names in an expandable box, so where it says 'these users thanked....', if you click that the names will be shown. Maybe the little dropdown arrow icon I put beside it isn't clear enough?
I can see a little heart. When I hover a hand comes up as if there is a link but when I click it nothing happens
Hmmm, what device/browser are you using @Lil? You should also be able to click on the words "these users thanked the author" to make the box expand.

Does the Quick Reply box expand for you when you click that?
I'm using Chrome on a desktop and yes the quick reply box does expand. I hope you don't mind me pointing these things out....
Not at all! I don't want to have little annoying bugs like that, but sometimes they only come to light when everyone starts using the forum. I'll look into that for you as soon as I can, am a bit up to my eyeballs with work this afternoon :(
Teething pains...

The banner lines waste some 60% of the screen real estate irrespective of menu item (from Forum to Food and nearly every where else I clicked). This is striking for the initial login presentation, but why force it everywhere else?

The new posts banner section eats 80% of the screen while only displaying very few new messages that are somewhat obscured at the bottom. Fortunately it scrolls off the top when you page down.

Please consider merging the center dominating green banner into the option space above it. A display option to reduce or eliminate it completely for frequent visitors/posters would be appreciated. I'd switch to cell phone/tablet mode but can't find it.

The width of the Last Post column on the Forums page varies quite a bit which forces a lot of vertical scrolling to see the various Title sections. The small font here is lost in all the white space. Zooming the screen to increase font size makes things worse. A font size setting may here here.
25 posts Page 1 of 2