The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

28 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: 2017 - What is your goal?
13 Jan 2017, 01:33
Seriously @cblasz?! I can't believe you don't know what a Malteser is? They are the most yummy moreish little balls of chocolate covered honeycomb. Google them if you really don't know.

On a much more (actually) serious note - fantastic words of wisdom from Tracie and Debs. I have been trying to think of things to say to Pernelle, but these insightful woman have said so much already. One thing I do want to say @Hazelnut20 - please do NOT abandon the forum when things are not going so well for you. You know there is support here and maybe we can help. As much as anyone can care about people who we only know online, there are people here who genuinely care about others and want to help if they can.

I need to give some more thought before I pen anymore...
13 Jan 2017, 01:45
Malt balls - U.K. version is the BEST though !!!
13 Jan 2017, 12:06
I was thinking it was because I'm in the U.S., but then Tracieknits said she saw them!!
13 Jan 2017, 13:52
Looks like malted milk balls but I'm afraid to buy them and know for sure. Price Chopper carries them in the British food section. I am pretty sure you have that chain in ct
16 Jan 2017, 12:52
:shock: :shock: Stop talking about Maltesers - one of my most favourite sweet treats - and I'm fasting today! :shock: :shock:

Excellent goals from everybody! My goal for 2017 is to get back to my target weight (147 pounds), which means a drop of another six pounds (I've lost six already this week) and possibly lose a little more. I also want to increase my exercise but, as that has been a recurring goal for years and years, I'm not holding out a great deal of hope! :wink:
16 Jan 2017, 15:35
I'm a bit late to this thread. I would like to hit 147lbs - I keep nearly getting there and something intervenes. Ultimately it would be nice to get to 140lb (10 stone) but staying where I am compared to where I was 4 years ago is top and I am quietly confident I can do that.
16 Jan 2017, 18:12
Mine is to get to 9 stone by my wedding in July - 14lbs to go. Alternatively, just to get my backside comfortably into a pair of size 10 jeans and not have to be self conscious when we go on our honeymoon :)
16 Jan 2017, 19:16
My goal is to fit in to single digit (US size ) jeans before my next birthday (which, conveniently, is only in December!
16 Jan 2017, 20:40
StowgateResident wrote: :shock: :shock: Stop talking about Maltesers - one of my most favourite sweet treats - and I'm fasting today! :shock: :shock:

<LOL>
Seems that it's best to eat an even number of those...

I used to take homemade toffee and caramels to the work Christmas party each year until one of the single ladies asked if they came with a rubber spatula so that she could spread them evenly on both hips.
28 Jan 2017, 16:54
My goal is to not give up. The first year of 5-2 I lost weight then it stopped for a long while. Then in Nov. 2016 I switched to 4-3 with eating windows on my non fast days and the weight started coming off again. I have 6 pounds to go but I don't know how long that will take.
29 Jan 2017, 15:22
Great job @Canoegal! The fact that you didn't gain back the weight you lost and only have 6 lbs. to lose is quite an accomplishment! Good luck!
06 Feb 2017, 00:59
Having been on quite a few weight loss programs and successfully lost the weight, only to gain 30-40 lbs back over the past 12 years, I see Intermittent Fasting in 2017 as a way to meet a few goals: I'd like to fit into my size 12s again, having gone up to 14s and 16s! It really stinks to have 3 sets of clothes. That means a slow and steady loss of about 30-40 lbs, which I believe is do-able within this year. I began 5:2 on 1/7/17 and started losing an average of 1 lb a week. I plan to incorporate exercise this month (February). I just retired, which means my activity level has dropped. I'm spending more time on the computer, which needs to change., I also need to :geek: tweak my recipes and fast times. I'd like to lower my bp. And I'd like to maintain it by doing 6:1.
28 Aug 2017, 13:43
cblasez wrote: Great job @Canoegal! The fact that you didn't gain back the weight you lost and discovered online bingo only have 6 lbs. to lose is quite an accomplishment! Good luck!

I'd like to burn some fat and keep it off.
28 posts Page 2 of 2