The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today Tuesday 17 Jan
16 Jan 2017, 21:38
Good morning.
Posting my fast day to keep me on track. Any other Aus fasters on this hot summer day?
Cheers
Merry
Not me today as I am going out to lunch and know I wouldn't be able to make that the one meal of the day. But I may try for a light day - i.e. no sugary carbs!! Not sure if I will succeed tho...

I have not had any success with either a fast or light day over the last couple of weeks. I could blame a couple of stressful events, though am not sure if that is the cause. Having lots of Christmas goodies still around does not help either...

Anyway, enough of me. Good luck and best wishes to you Merry and all fasters. And keep cool! :clover: :smile:
I'm joining you from across the ditch in Sunny NZ! 2nd fast day since starting back up
Me again. I MIGHT be able to make this a light day after all. My lunch was very light tho I was quite hungry after it, so did have some porridge made with water when I got home. If I can last out til dinner, and NOT snack afterwards, then this will be fine for a light day.

In theory the heat (it is 30C inside our house) should make me feel less hungry, tho I am not sure that works for me...!!!
Hi
I am posting the Kitchen is Closed sign to try and stop me picking at after dinner nibbling.
Dinner was some salmon and salad, and a small serve of pear with a dollop of yoghurt. I have managed to stay on target today. How did your light day end up @Sassy1? I hope your home is starting to cool down.
cheers
Merry
Quick update. I did have a piece of cheese to help me through the afternoon until dinner of grilled chicken and veg. Orange and berries for dessert. So a light day okay so far. Will see how I go through the evening...

Still 29C inside, fans going, not too bad, tho sleep may be difficult if it doesn't cool much more.
Well I am in, from freezing New York State. We are expecting a high near 0C/32F and lovely sleet and snow.

I have some "zero point" veggie soup made with only non starchy veggies, and I am planning a chicken breast and huge pile of spicy green beans for dinner
Nearly 8pm in Spain here. Coming to the end of my Fast day, just sipping a slimline tonic, and will have a cup of tea before bed. I normally fast right through to suppertime, but even drinking lots didn't help this afternoon, so had to have a raw carrot ;) I had just hill walked 8km though so I think that'll be O.k x

Be back on Thursday x :like:
Great job Lyz :-)

It's 2:45pm/14:45 and i just had a cup of the zero point veggie soup - about 50 calories. I decided not to cook and so we are having leftover lowfat turkey chili - about 250 calories per serving according to the recipe. So I may have 1/2 of an avocado with that.

Enjoying some tea and knitting some hats for the big march on Saturday :-)
Hope your fast days continue(d) well Tracie and Lynz.

I wouldn't worry at all about succumbing to a raw carrot!! I would normally have several of these on a light day, but we had run out - shopping day today - so it was cheese and Brazil nuts for me...!!! But I am happy with that and I stuck to my challenge of only 2 small squares of chocolate and no other added sugar carbs. Certainly a much "better" day than others of late.

Best wishes all.
Tracieknits wrote: Well I am in, from freezing New York State. We are expecting a high near 0C/32F and lovely sleet and snow.

I have some "zero point" veggie soup made with only non starchy veggies, and I am planning a chicken breast and huge pile of spicy green beans for dinner

I am sure you have seen this@Tracieknits and it mostly follows your WW eating plan, but its quite interesting for the rest of us.

http://people.com/bodies/oprah-diet-foo ... ine-bread/

Maybe its only available in the U.S.
Ack, don't know how I missed this! Thanks so much for sharing, @LoveMyParrot -- went to answer a PM and saw this PM in my box! :oops:

Yes, this is just how the program works! I am also guilty of 12 points of wine at dinner and 1 point of protein LOL Except I 5:2 the program (against the rules, but I make my own rules) and on Mondays and Thursdays I try to stick to only 15 points. Then I can have those points on other days :-)
Glad you saw this Tracie - I should've put it in your Fast Day/WW Hybrid Plan - but couldn't find it at the time. It really does give a great overview of how it works - and its def working for you !!!!!
13 posts Page 1 of 1