The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
It is 12.30 here and I am starting a Thursday fasting topic again. Have not eaten much today. Was going to write 'anything' - as that would be my usual strategy. But in the last week I've suffered from a stomach upset, and not eating felt really weird in my stomach today. so I had a cupful of plain yogurt :oops: That calmed my stomach. I think I can now last till dinner time :smile: 5 more hours to that! Not that I am at all hungry - also a result of the upset stomach.
Anyone else fasting today?.
I am in for a light day. I may follow a similar track as you have - yogurt before I go out to do my big grocery shopping and then chicken and veggies for dinner.

Grocery shopping and light days don't normally go well together, but it's been three weeks since the last payday because my husband's company was moving what day they pay their employees (a BS move to just hold onto our money for an extra week -- doing that to all of their employees probably made them a tidy sum). But today is payday so I really need to go do my big shopping at Trader Joe's - otherwise there's no chicken and veggies for dinner.

I plan to do a lot more knitting today to keep my mind off food. I've been knitting pussyhats for Saturday :-)
Hi @Margotsylvia! Well done on fasting today, especially when your tummy is not so great. Hope you recover quickly! xx

Don't worry - I am here to join you (although I guess you may have finished by now?). I haven't eaten anything yet. My folks are downstairs enjoying their lunch BUT I will have delicious food to look forward to tonight: two filled red peppers (courtesy of Marks & Spencer) and runner beans with crinkle cut butternut squash chips! It all sounds so delish - can't wait!!

Hopefully weigh in won't be so painful tomorrow :wink:

Bean :heart:
Oh we must have bean typing at the same time @Tracieknits! How funny!

Yeah, good luck with the grocery shopping on an empty stomach. I did mine this morning and didn't waiver. In fact, when I think about it, I don't actually feel that hungry - yet! :wink:

Good luck with your fast. Is this the first one in a while?

nursebean wrote: Oh we must have bean typing at the same time @Tracieknits! How funny!

Yeah, good luck with the grocery shopping on an empty stomach. I did mine this morning and didn't waiver. In fact, when I think about it, I don't actually feel that hungry - yet! :wink:

Good luck with your fast. Is this the first one in a while?

Oh good for you for not straying today @Nursebean! I fasted on Tuesday - properly even, keeping it under 500 calories. Usually I'm closer to 800 :-)

Your dinner sounds lovely!
and I'm in today too. It's after 4 and I'm doing my usual of nothing until ea time. That'll be just about 6pm.
Still doing poached eggs on toast and feel a pudding of jelly babies will probably happen. I'm trying to get back into the swing of it and finding that all day is fine but I do want something "nice" after. SO jelly babies it is. This is my htird fast of the week. Next week aiming for strict fasts. Getting there ..
I'm coming to the end of my final fast for this week. Lots of herbal tea and coffee for me today, and then chicken and veg for dinner soon.

One of my colleagues brought lots of sweets and crisps in for everyone today as a "January treat" and because of where I'm sat whenever someone brings stuff in they always get popped on the filing cabinets next to me for everyone to pick at - so hard to resist but I did it! :victory:
So glad I was not alone. Did you know that all the diarrhea foods are high carb. Tea and Toast and bananas... :curse: So my weight has kind of sky rocketed these days. Poetically, I was 59.9 kg when starting fasting, and 58.8 kg the next day. Yea, these are large numbers for me, but I cannot be bothered about them. Lent is coming and then I'll have my Annual long fast :grin: . So my weight will go down again. It is so wonderful. With this 5:2 way of life, I have stopped worrying about my weight. Lovely. :smile:
Great willpower @gym-sparkle-90! That's a tough spot to be in

Margotsylvia - they add two more carby things here in the states for that ailment. They call it the "brat" diet for Bananas (very ripe), Rice (white only), Applesauce (usually has added sugar here) and Toast. But it sounds like you have everything under control :-)
9 posts Page 1 of 1