The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

21 posts Page 2 of 2
wakki22 wrote: Well I managed to get my 3 days in dinner to dinner, but yesterday, I struggled to keep to 500cal...damn.
Maybe because it's a Friday night? I ended up eating a huge bag of crisps and having wine :(
Maybe it's a case of not picking Fridays???

But, on a happy note, I see I have lost 3 kg in the 3 weeks since I started. Very happy. I know it's rapid loss, but as long as I stick to the 4:3 I think it will stick.

Next week I'll do better. :confused:

I've been doing this for over 4 years, and I have to say - sometimes it's harder than others to stick to a fast day of 500 calories. There's no real rhyme or reason to it. I suspect it may be normal hormonal fluctuations, or maybe related to some sort of blood chemistry issue that isn't obvious to us. Don't beat yourself up too badly. And if you're legitimately hungry, going to 600 or even 800 calories on your third fast day of the week shouldn't be considered a failure. Think about how many calories you would eat on a normal day! So if it helps to just have a bit more food, rather than say "screw it" and blow the fast day completely with crisps and wine, I'd say have a bit more healthy food and go to 800 calories - if you can. I would not call that a failure at all!!

Of course I've blown my fair share of fast days - so I totally know what it's like.

:-) hope this helps
It's funny how our bodies fight against losing weight. I swear, because had a big loss last week, my body wanted more food this week! And I gave into it!
Thank You @Tracieknits! Its nice to be told that its not all that bad :)
4 years - that's a long time, and a lot of experience - I'd like to be able to say that about myself too one day. At 4 weeks next week - I have a bit of a way to go!
I like the idea of a weekly challenge. I may join you next week. I cannot possibly fit any more exercise in, I am a regular jazzercise goer and go 4 times a week, i also walk my dog at least once a day for 30 mins and am training him to run on a Sunday morning. I can reduce my weekend treats but I'm not prepared to do that. Last week I was "in the zone" and shed 4.8 lbs due to 16.8, lowish carb (when I say lowish I mean only some roast potatoes on Sunday, a slice of multi grain bread on Monday eve and a few cheesy chips on Friday night.) and two low cals "old style" fast days.
Wow! @Carieoates 4.8 lbs in a week is amazing. Of course we'd love to have you join our challenge, but it doesn't sound like you necessarily need to. Of course, it can also be non-weight things as well! (get more sleep, read more, clean something, whatever!)

As I mentioned before, I did not have a great week with my challenges. It didn't all go out the window, but I had a few treats, I wasn't as strict as I should've been with my eating window, I did do pretty well with the water and green tea, but I don't think I even got one walk in. I do hope to get an hour long walk in today, we'll see.

I decided to weigh myself today instead of tomorrow, since I'm going to a Super Bowl party tonight. And I'm happy to say that despite my bad week I was down .1 lbs., which is fine with me! I hope the party doesn't cause too much damage and I'm going to try to do much better next week!
@Cblasz - despite not doing as well as you hoped with your particular strategies, you sound pretty upbeat and ready to keep challenging yourself, so that is great!

Overall I am reasonably happy with my week. Did really well on 5 days, eating according to hunger and keeping within the sweet limit. Another day I had a few more sweets than intended, and yesterday I completely blew it. There were extenuating circumstances - except that eating should not be the way to deal with stress, boredom, tiredness etc!! May try for a light day today...

As for my non eating related challenges, one went reasonably well, and the other was at least an improvement on the week before.

I think I will continue the same challenge this week, though I do have 3 days at our holiday house and may find it harder to eat my usual diet... Will see how I go.

How did everyone else go last week?
21 posts Page 2 of 2