The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
G'day!

I plan to start the Solstice Challenge with a light day, particularly because yesterday was not light (!).

We had been invited out for both lunch and dinner, and I knew that there would be a LOT of food at lunchtime. I am actually quite pleased with how I managed the food at lunch, only having small serves of each of the courses (couldn't really refuse a course, as different people had made each course and it would have seemed rude). I drank very little alcohol, which also helped. Dinner was a far smaller affair, food wise.

However, given that most of the foods were calorie dense, I did eat more than my body needed. This should mean that fasting until later in the day is doable!!

Good luck and best wishes to other Monday fasters and for the start of the challenge! :clover: :smile:
Hi @Fat_teacher

How did your fast day go? Would be nice to hear from someone else in this thread!! I wonder how many Easter Monday fasters there are?? No other posts...

For my light day I had a tuna salad lunch and a chicken and veg dinner. Plus a little fruit. I did have some cheese and extra fruit as well - I just can't put up with hunger in the evening any more.

Glad it's a normal eating day today!!
Hi @Sassy1! Thanks for asking. It does get kind of lonely here at times. I woke up after a chocolate, chips, cheese and pecan pie/cream/ice cream-filled Sunday at my mum and dad's place. My mum refuses to acknowledge that I need to lose some pounds!

I had a wonderfully easy fast on Monday. I had a cup of coffee in the morning and that was it until dinner. I spent the afternoon at Costco, looking at food I couldn't eat but it wasn't all that torturous as it may seem. I ended up buying a pack of soups and had one of those for dinner then a cup of coffee again. All up about 350 calories for the day. I was amazed how easy I got through the day. Still burning off all those calories from Easter Sunday. I even stayed up until midnight. I often just go to bed early on fast days.

Now I have a fridge full of chocolate eggs and Lindt. Want some? :grin:
Hi @fat_teacher

Glad to hear that your fast went well - often fast days are easier after having an indulgent day the day before! That is hard for you if your mum isn't really supporting you with your weight management? Mums often do like us to eat up, especially if they have prepared the food.

I also have a huge amount of Easter chocolate. My younger son and his girlfriend work at Woolworths and had been accumulating a lot of chocolate to give. He is a sweet lad (no pun intended!), he likes to give presents. I am doing my best to ration myself, as per my solstice challenge. Chocolate is my one huge weakness when it comes to weight management. Almost all other less nutritious food I can limit... If I could give up chocolate, maybe I would be able to better manage my weight, but I don't seem to be prepared to do that...

Anyway, enough of me, good luck and best wishes for your weight management journey. :clover: There will generally be someone around on the forum to share your experiences with!

Btw, there does seem to have been a bit of activity "overnight" from our Northern hemisphere friends. :smile: :smile: :smile:
4 posts Page 1 of 1