The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today Friday 28 April
28 Apr 2017, 10:05
Hi everyone
Just coming to the end of my fast day. I don't ever do Friday fasts but this week II needed to do it today to get my 2 fasts in. I am posting my fast to stop keep me on track, and to stop me having my Friday night glass of wine!

Dinner was poached eggs and veggies - one of my standard fast days meals, and will shortly have some mandarin with a dollop of coconut yogurt.

Good luck to all the Friday fasters!

How was your day @Sassy1? For the chia puddings I used this recipe http://www.secretsquirrelfood.com/simple-chia-pudding/ I just used vanilla essence, not paste, and I added 2 (or 3 or 4) teaspoons of cocoa) I whisk it altogether in a bowl and put it in the fridge for about 20 mins. It is then quite thick. I stir it up, and put it into 3 mini dishes (or teacups) covered them and put them in the fridge. They will last a few days. The chocolate flavour is not strong and I just added the teaspoon of maple syrup in the mix. But served with some berries - I warm them in the microwave - and just a drizzle of maple/honey they are tasty. They have good Omega 3 which is what attracted me, as I am not a big fish eater and need to get it somehow. And they are good for fibre!
The chia just comes from Coles - a bag goes a long way as the recipe only uses 3 tablespoons.
I might try this next http://www.theherbdiaries.com/theherbdiaries/2015/3/5/the-simplest-chia-oat-porridge now the weather is getting cooler.

cheers
Merry
Good job fasting on a Friday!!!

I'm going to aim for the middle -- I'm fasting until 1pm. I'm going to have a low calorie lunch (Probably slices of deli turkey with a small smear of hummus and a handful of greens, rolled up into little tubes). Then I can enjoy a moderate Friday evening without too much guilt.
2 posts Page 1 of 1