The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
I haven't been too active in the forum the past few days as I've been really busy. Thank you for all the tips and advice. I have only been able to manage a thank you tick rather than a reply so please accept my apologies.
I am back fasting today, going for 24 hours with nothing to eat until around 7.30pm and that will be my 600 calorie meal of two wholemeal-crumbed hoki fish fillets and some stir fry veggies.
I keep wanting to skip that meal and go for 36 hours plus but by the time 7.30 rolls around I can't go on any further.
Anybody else in today?
Good luck with your fast @fat_teacher!

What is the reason you would like to do a 36 hour fast? In the whole scheme of things, I don't think extending your fast from 24 hours to 36 will give you any real benefit if it is not something you feel able to do reasonably comfortably - i.e. the misery of feeling hungry for a whole evening may not be worth any potential benefits. I know people do successfully - and happily? - fast for 36 hours, and more, and if it is something you really want to do, give it a go some time. But don't worry if you never do it.

I don't think I have ever been able to go more than 20 hours without food, except when I have had a gastric bug!!

And absolutely no need to apologize for not posting of late - your "thanks" are appreciated and you have posted more than most in the last few weeks.

NB no fasting for me today, despite a bit of indulgence over the weekend.

Enjoy your meal tonight, sounds good.

Best wishes :clover: :smile:
Hi @Fat_Teacher!!
Good luck with your fast today :clover: :clover: :clover:

I'm fasting too. I have not eaten since last nights dinner, so far so good. The hunger rises, and then passes.
I'm going to have an "onion" soup which I made on the weekend....it does taste better than it sounds. 230Cals.
Plus some bread or a pudding which will take me to the 500 cal mark.

I've also toyed with the idea of going straight through to the morning - Its a kind of challenge and feels good when I accomplish things like that. It boosts personal power.

But I'm going to challenge myself with doing 4:3 instead this week.... so Monday, Wednesday and Friday Fasting! :lol: :bugeyes: :lol: :confused:
Gonna start a weekly challenge thread sometime today :oops:
Hi@Fat_teacher. I'm in today and feeling positive. No idea what I'm going to eat but have sorted my husbands meal so all he has to do is heat it up - whilst I go as far away as possible so I can't smell it! I'm probably going to have a prawn stir fry tonight with loads of lovely vegetables and butternut squash noodles or cauli rice. Aqua jogging this afternoon. And to top it all it is another beautiful day - blue sky and sunshine (and a very cold easterly wind - but you can't have everything). Good luck fellow fasters.
Hi @Sassy1, I think it's like @Wakki22 says, it's really just the challenge of seeing how far I can go. Apparently after the third day, you're no longer hungry. Not that I'd go three days, I've just read it. Also all you glycogen is burnt out so you're just running off your fat.
I generally go 7pm Sunday to 7pm Monday, then eat my 600 cals for dinner Monday then don't eat again until midday on Tuesday. I do the same for my Thursday fast. That's not part of some plan, I just generally don't start eating until midday most days. I can't even do 5:3 unlike some (@Wakki22). I just think it would make me feel stronger if I had the willpower to cut out that one meal.
Prawn stir fry sounds great @Esta and @Wakki22, I LOVE ONIONS almost as much as I love soup so bring on your recipe!
@Fat_Teacher I admire your ability to last out that long! 7pm Sunday to 7pm Monday and then only to eat 600cals at midday!!!!!

I struggled a bit today - I did have my lovely soup. Here's the recipie, I'm not vegan, but i didn't want any dairy so that's usually what I put in the search engine http://www.blissfulbasil.com/vegan-fren ... ozzarella/
I didn't do all the mozzarella stuff, but I added a whole bag of mushrooms. So I guess it's nothing like the original recipe ha ha ha.
I ended up eating way to many almonds that bumped my cals to 1000 including the side of bread. Boo hoo :frown: :cry: so 500 cals over :starving: aaaarrrrghhh!!

Oh well, pick myself up and try again. Maybe skip brekkie & have a salad for lunch tomorrow which will balance out those cals...
Hi all, I'm with you today so nothing except black tea for me until dinner this evening. My husband is teaching a training course today and he has been out for a pub lunch with the guys on the course so I don't even need to think about food until this evening. I am planning on having a cold roast chicken quarter, left from yesterdays hot roast, with either a variety of vegetables or a salad. This will depend on how cold I am feeling by then!

Stay strong my fellow fasters! Onwards and downwards! :victory:
7 posts Page 1 of 1