The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
So I was thinking, I could have used a swift kick to the backside this past weekend, when I ate far more than I should have eaten. A shoutout appearing in my email might have helped.

Then I got to wondering who else could use a shoutout? Who is MIA?

The first person to pop in my head was @Hazelnut20 -- Pernelle, you did so well last summer -- time for us to repeat all that good work we did!

How about @JustDee , @Carieoates, @Rawkaren, @NurseBean, @Merrymelb, or @Debs? Who else are we missing?
I am pleased to be tagged by you tracie that's enough for me.
I don't need a ice up the pants as I usually relax my eating at weekends, I'm ultra good Monday to Friday but nowadays don't make as many of the bad decisions I used to.. Im No saint that's for sure, but I agree a shout out is great and thanks.
I've been needing a good kick for a couple of months now!
MaryAnn wrote: I've been needing a good kick for a couple of months now!

Ugh - we're such a long list at the moment!!! And here for some reason I thought you were doing well. Are you still getting loads of walking in?

I'm glad to see you came back to say "hi" @MaryAnn
I have seen so many people come and go over the four years that i have been a member of this forum. it is very sad when you feel as if you have got to know people well and then they just drop out and you never know what happened to them. I wonder about those people you mentioned, @Tracieknits and about @Lizbean and @Manderley and many others whose user names I just can't remember!
There are so many who are no longer around - nothing like reading through an old discussion thread to see so many names that were once so familiar.
Hi,
I managed to log on to this site for the first time in ages yesterday (still having password log on problems so sometimes I can log on and most of the time not - it asks for my password and then kicks me out). I have REALLY fallen off the wagon. Back up to 73kg, struggling to fast, menopausal, blah blah. It struck me reading through the forum posts yesterday how encouraging I used to find this forum and the tracker in the days before it sort of wound down....I used to really look forward to Thursdays (my weigh in day) to see how much more I'd lost - even if I stayed the same I felt good so it didn't really matter. Now I feel yuk about myself - clothes shopping has gone back to being a chore and a lot of what I bought so gleefully doesn't now fit :-( I'm not feeling sorry for myself because I got myself into this pickle and I am still 30lbs or so lighter than I was AND I still don't eat cereal/rice/pasta/potatoes/bread BUT my downfall is chocolate. Anyhow am pleased to see that a lot of you are hanging in there.....! :-) I will keep trying!!!
We went out for burgers tonight and afterwards I had two glasses of wine and two chocolate bars. Grrr, my willpower is gone, not sure if it will ever come back. Pants I bought last year are thight as all weight gain goes onto my thighs. I wore them anyway today as to remind me not to eat too much but it didn't help. Fasting tomorrow could be hard with all those carbs but it's weekly weigh in on Friday so I've got to. Fingers crossed.
Missing: @betsysgr8, @winsome, @wineoclock, @Julianarivers, @ballerina, @simcoeluv, etc
Tracieknits wrote:
Ugh - we're such a long list at the moment!!! And here for some reason I thought you were doing well. Are you still getting loads of walking in?

I'm glad to see you came back to say "hi" @MaryAnn

Thanks, @Tracieknits! I'm doing well on the exercise front, but I'm still overeating on non-fast days. I need to get my act together before none of my clothes fit!!
Wmr309 wrote: We went out for burgers tonight and afterwards I had two glasses of wine and two chocolate bars. Grrr, my willpower is gone, not sure if it will ever come back. Pants I bought last year are thight as all weight gain goes onto my thighs. I wore them anyway today as to remind me not to eat too much but it didn't help. Fasting tomorrow could be hard with all those carbs but it's weekly weigh in on Friday so I've got to. Fingers crossed.

@Wmr309, I feel your pain. Clothes not fitting/fitting tightly is a good trigger for me to get my act together.
I think many of us feel can relate, @WMR309, I know I can. I had a good fast day yesterday and only overdid it by 1/2 cup plain yogurt with a handful of cherries. That's not a terrible splurge -- much better than it could have been!

@Loversghost - that's exactly why I'm trying to force myself to stay more active on the forum. I think it really does help, even though it's so slow right now. I'm tempted to find another forum, but honestly, I seem to always be so busy and it seems like work to go find a new place to hang out. I'm glad to hear you will keep trying, and glad that 30lbs has stayed off!

Stowegateresident - you and WMR mentioned so many names! I hope they're all doing well. Not to mention the names I can't remember because my brain doesn't function properly >. <
I'm sorry that some of you are struggling at the moment with your eating being a little out of control. Last weigh-in, on Sunday, I hadn't lost any weight but, instead of it driving me to throw caution to the wind and eat everything in sight, it actually made me re-assess my non-fast day eating!

My head seems to be in the right place at the moment and I have had a couple of days of really sensible eating! I am allowing myself one treat a day, instead of my days being full of them, because I have to know that `I am not dieting!

I have no idea how long this will last so I am trying to make the most of it. Fasting tomorrow and plan to keep busy all day. Good luck to the rest of you. Onwards and downwards with the weight loss! :victory:
Hi Everyone,
Yes Ive been missing a while. I hope everyone is doing well.
Hey, @Wineoclock, it's good to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well and on track with your weight. Thanks for checking in with us! :smile:
20 posts Page 1 of 2