The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

15 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying again for a light day... Epic fail on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday also not good.

Am off to exercise class this morning, and decided I can manage without brekkie. Will see what the rest of the day holds.

We do seem to be a mixed bag at the moment, some of us struggling with eating too much of the food we would ideally limit, but others doing well and feeling very positive. I hope I can find some inspiration from your experiences!

Best wishes to all. :clover: :smile:
Good luck :clover: @Sassy1 for today :clover: :smile:
Some days are tougher than others... I had that yesterday.... hopefully my fast tomorrow is not so "painful".

I listen to meditations to get myself through.... it's good to be in the present moment, and also to take time to thank myself for making an effort and reminding self that I'm good enough as I am and this is just a mini challenge that I CHOOSE to give myself.

Wishing you an effortless win today :victory:
I'm fasting today and so far feeling good. I had a great fast on Monday so hoping for the same today. You are righ @Sassy1we are a mixed bag at the moment. I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there like me with a lot of weight to lose. It's good to have someone to pal up with when you know you have a long journey ahead. I am beginning to feel the benefits of weight loss already. My knee consultant tole me that every pound you lose takes 4lb strain off your knees. I've lost around about 8lb (I'm guessing as I am going to weigh tomorrow) so that's a 2 stone easing of pressure on my knees. No wonder I can feel a difference. Just think how great it will be when I've lost 4 stone! Happy fasting everyone. Stick with it x
Thanks for your support @wakki22 and @Esta - hope your day is going / has gone / will go well.

I have done okay, I am happy to say. There have been lots of things to occupy me today, so tho I had intended to have some lunch, by the time I had time, I decided I could wait for dinner before I ate. I actually did not feel particularly hungry all day, which helped a lot of course, as hunger is something I now have trouble coping with.

Wakki, your strategies of being in the moment and valuing yourself as you are, are certainly ones I could do with emulating a bit more.

Esta, I think there are some other people on the forum at the moment who hope to lose quite a bit of weight. I agree that "pal"ing up is a good idea - hopefully someone will offer. And great that you are feeling the benefit of having lost some weight.
I'm in for a light day today as well. We're planning on salads for dinner with some grilled chicken. I'm hoping I can make it until dinner without eating, but we'll see.

Yesterday wasn't terrible, so I'm pleased with myself on that front.
I'm in for the day. I've had two days off because of work events, so I'm ready for a light day.
I'm also fasting today. Nothing but black tea since I got up eight hours ago. I have been busy today so that always makes it easier to fast. Am feeling a little 'peckish' now but I will ignore that and just keep going until it's time for dinner in a couple of hours. It has made a real difference to me having learned that, just because I may feel a little hungry, it doesn't mean that I have to eat immediately!
Good luck fellow fasters! :clover:
Sounds like you all were in the frame of mind for fasting/ a light day. Hope these turned out well.

Quite agree with Stowgateresident and others who have said that fasting has helped me learn that I don't need to immediately satisfy hunger urges, and to differentiate hunger from thirst. I am not able to go to bed feeling hungry though.

My day almost qualified for a fast day yesterday, I don't think I went too far over the 500 cals. But that was only because I didn't feel hungry in the evening. Wish that was always the case! Will see how I go today. We are going out this evening - sometimes that works in my favour, other times not...

We had a very pretty sunrise this morning. Have a good day everyone! :smile:
Wow. What an amazing collection of Thursday fasters, all with good stories about a pretty good day. Well done everybody. I was in too yesterday. Plodding along still on track. Thanks @Sassy1 for kicking it off! Sorry I didn't get to read all the entries until today. They would have been a great comfort to me yesterday. I am now firm about nil by mouth until 7pm Mon and Thur except water. Then 600 cals only. About 5pm it gets a bit tough, though. Hit my lowest weight since being back this morning. That makes it all worth it.
Has anyone read The Obesity Code? Audio book is here. Well worth a read (or listen).
Both of Jason Fung's books are excellent. The Obesity Code concentrates mostly on answering "why". His second book, The Complete Guide to Fasting extends this by answering "how" covering the full range of fasting methodologies from 5:2 to extended fasting.

From experience, 5:2 is a great place to start. There's much to learn beyond 5:2 however and these two books have much to offer towards a more-complete understanding.

To view other relevant discussions here, consider a forum Search for "Fung" as the search text.

Here's a link to his web site (the forum Archives cover much of what's in both books):

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/
Well done everybody for yesterday's wins! High-fives all round!

Now I wish I'd fasted yesterday with so much support, but that would have been two days in a row - that's a bit tough :confused: . I'm fasting today... but I'm betting no one does Friday fasting :bugeyes: (so, I don't bother with a new thread for that.)
Hope your day is going okay @wakki22! Someone else is bound to be fasting, but not posting - I think someone may be doing Mon, Wed and Fri fast days?? MaryAnn used to, not sure if she is now...

My non-fast day is going okay so far. I have started cooking dinner, as we have to eat early as we are going out at 5.30 for the evening. I am not overly hungry, but if I don't eat now, I will have all sorts of less good options that I will no doing indulge in at the theatre!
Thanks @Sassy1
Well I caved in.... 5pm here and I've given into the chippy snacks that the company has on a Friday.... was meant to break fast at 7pm. I felt genuinely hungry this arvo...
Each time I post on a Wednesday or Friday, I get views, but no replies. I'm ok with that - It just that this week seems harder than normal.

Wish you and everyone a lovely weekend!!
I am replying @Wakki22 on a Friday! Well done lasting until 5pm! I am super impressed by your ability to fast on a Friday. By the end of the week I just want to celebrate the week being over!
Very hard to resist those snacks on a Friday afternoon after a busy week of work when they are there in front of you. Quite understandable @wakki22. What did it mean for the rest of the evening though...

It can be so difficult at times resisting those foods we would ideally prefer not to eat. It is unrealistic to expect us to do so - we resist so much of the time! I am amazed and impressed by people who do manage to give up some of their favourite foods for good.

Hope you manage the weekend okay! :clover: :smile:
15 posts Page 1 of 1