The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today Monday 18th Sept.
18 Sep 2017, 03:18
Hello everybody.

It's midday here down under - I'm fasting today and going well. Anyone joining me?

Just a dash of almond milk in my coffee this morning and drinking lots of water

Ham salad for my the evening meal tonight.

Happy fasting everybody.

Cheers Maggie.
Fasting today Monday 18th Sept.
18 Sep 2017, 03:19
Hello everybody.

It's midday here down under - I'm fasting today and going well. Anyone joining me?

Just a dash of almond milk in my coffee this morning and drinking lots of water

Ham salad for my the evening meal tonight.

Happy fasting everybody.

Cheers Maggie.
I am with you Maggie.
Just black coffee and peppermint tea for me so far (and water).
I even got some exercise in at 2am this morning. I could not sleep so took the dog out for a 4km walk.

Tonight I have no dinner plans. My wife is out so she will probably eat with the kids. I will get home about that time and I tend to eat too much and not control my appetite. So tonight I might try walking the dog again during that period.

Not sure what to eat, partly tempted to try to go without till breakfast tomorrow. Mainly because I lack the self control to only eat a bit, in some ways being stubborn and pushing through might be easier.

Will see how the night pans out.

All the best with your fast!

Brad
Thanks Maggie for starting this thread! I am with you from the other side of the world. I am doing a long term Alternate Day Fasting (ADF) , because I had an accident, and have put on a lot of extra weight. But now finally I am losing some, too. The other day I was 67 kg. I now have a cold and did not go on our constitutional walks. These last couple of days have been 67.5 kg - one was a fasting day and the other an eating day. No difference in the weight. Hoping to lose some today though. Black tea and water so far. No problem fasting - hope it goes well for others as well. :smile:
@Tracieknits - are you able to merge the two threads for this day?
4.30 pm here in the Uk and I have only had mugs of black tea all day. Am now starting to think about what we may have for dinner. I am usually better organised than this but my son has come home and will be here for dinner so changes will need to be made! I may make the two men something different to my post-fast dinner, rather than trying to make a dinner which will suit all three of us.

I hope everyone here and on the other thread for today is having a good fast day. Stay strong! :victory:
@StowgateResidentWE have my son and daughter in law , who is vegetarian, living with us at the moment and fast day dinners definitely need a bit more consideration!
Oh, @Lil, that must be tricky to try and find meals to suit everyone! Fortunately for me the men in my life are happy to eat anything - as long as they don't have to make it themselves - especially if it has a high meat content and preferably a pudding afterwards! On fast days they are more than happy to make do with ice-cream, which suits me because I am not bothered about it - most of the time! Although salted caramel ice cream does provide it's challenges! :wink:
Hello! Sorry I was gone all day - did I mention I'm working now?

I had hoped to get a proper fast day in but an old friend I hadn't seen in ages asked me out to lunch and I couldn't say no. Or I didn't want to say no. We had a great meetup.

Glad to see such an active thread! Stowegateresident - one of my two men is easy like that. The other is easy in that if he doesn't like what I"m making, he's happy to eat leftover pizza from the freezer. we seem to always have pizza in the freezer.
For me it worked! My first real fast day. Yay.
Managed to go on eating nothing at all till I got home at night. And knowing I was going to struggle controlling myself I did not serve up dinner. But when my wife went out I was on clean up.
So I had a few strips of beef and about 3 or 4 pieces of cauliflower.
Based on photos of 500cal meals I think it would have topped out at 100calories.

This morning i woke up and had a black coffee and a small tin of Salmon as I was craving that.
So still low on calories. Will eat a proper dinner tonight though as my wife is working. Normally a time I eat too much, but hopefully the shrunken stomach limits that.
I am glad someone put these two threads together. Thanks. My fast was OK. same old 67.5 kg as the result, three days running now. I wonder if this is my new sticking point. I keep on ADFing as I have done now for almost four months. With a co-operation of a doctor, I am decreasing the medicine which cases weight gain. But it is a very slow process. :doh: Any small, slow weight loss is very encouraging. :smile:
Hi @babrisbane

Wanted to say congrats for your first "real" fast day! You must be pleased with yourself. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Hopefully further fast days will be easier as a result. Good luck! :clover:
12 posts Page 1 of 1