The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Nice to Meet You!!
18 Oct 2017, 18:36
Hello Everyone;

I am new to fasting. I have started fasting on Monday (10/16) drinking only water and eating vitamins. I live in the US, and am a Type 1 diabetic.

I plan to fast for this one week to start unless my body tells me that I can continue.

Any suggestions or anything that I can expect on this first fast would be appreciated.

I have not felt hungry outside of a few times to where I just wanted to snack (more out of habit I think), and I have lost eight pounds to date.

Nice to meet you all.
Re: Nice to Meet You!!
20 Oct 2017, 01:37
Dear @EmWilli

I sincerely hope that I am reading your post wrong and that you are not talking about actually fasting for the whole week with only water and vitamins. If so, and you are reading this after fasting for four days, please call your doctor immediately. This is not behavior that we can condone or encourage on this forum - especially not with an underlying condition such as Type 1 Diabetes.

I hope that you are safe and well and understand that this is not a forum for extended fasting.

Here is our forum Rules: important.php

Policy Regarding Discussion of Extended Fasting
This forum exists to discuss basic 5:2 and similar short-period fasting and calorie-restriction interventions. We are not here to 'nanny' you, however, we do not encourage extended fasts undertaken without medical supervision and would prefer these topics not be discussed here both for reasons of legal responsibility and concern for our members' health. Posts advocating inadequately-supervised near-zero-calorie fasts of longer than 36 hours will have a public warning placed above them and posts will be edited as deemed necessary by forum staff.

We encourage members to report any posts relating to extended fasting, using the 'exclamation mark' icon at the top right of the post. If we feel something is unsuitable or may cause harm we reserve the right to remove/edit a post, remove/lock a topic or ban a member.

This policy has been developed based on a lengthy discussion by forum staff and also with forum members, click here to read about it and better understand our reasons for this policy.

Note that we may make exceptions for topics in the 5:2 Lab forum which may wish to discuss the results, findings and methodologies etc relating to formal research on extended fasting.

In all cases the FastDay Forum Administrator's decision is final and banning, removal of links etc is at the Admin's discretion.
2 posts Page 1 of 1