The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Introductions to WW/Fasting
30 Dec 2017, 00:57
Hey I'm Lindsey! I've done Weight Watchers in the past and am doing it again. And in the past, my body, over time has gotten used to fasting, simply due to my aversion to breakfast. I've always been told that breakfast was a MUST. But I feel like my body does better when I fast in the morning. I am going to be doing my Weight Watchers with a 16:8 to begin with. We will see how that goes. At some point, I may venture into the others. But for now, that is what I'm going to try. I am glad to find this little community here, as I didn't know there was an entire group for those who love to do fasting. I have about 130 lbs to lose and I just want freedom from this body that I have given myself. Hoping this is something that opens up new possibilities for weight loss and helps me reach my goals.

Anybody do fasting workouts? It's not something I've done a whole lot of. However, I will have to work out in the morning for my schedule, so it's something I will need to do. :heart:
Re: Introductions to WW/Fasting
02 Jan 2018, 20:36
Welcome Lindsey, @lcrowder0815!

There are a number of people on the forum who use eating windows to help manage their eating, and have been some who combine WW and the like with fasting. Good luck with it!

There is lots of information in the LEARN pages and the discussion threads in this website. And the more you participate through posting, the more responses you are likely to get from others,

Do keep us posted on your progress, your challenges and the strategies that work for you.

Best wishes. :clover: :smile:
03 Jan 2018, 00:29
I am down 4 pounds after almost a week. So far, it has been a natural transition and it has gone well. I can't wait to see what I can do with this. (And when I start fasted workouts.) Thank you for the positive feedback! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this community!
03 Jan 2018, 00:53
That's a great start Lindsey, @lcrowder0815, very rewarding and motivating!

By fasting workouts, do you mean doing a workout on a fast day? Quite a few people do do this, and each person has to work out how much and what type of exercise is comfortable for them when they are not eating.

I see that you are hoping to lose quite a large amount of weight. You might find it helpful to set yourself an initial goal of about 10% of your current weight, then once that is achieved, set the next one (a further 10%), and so on.

Best wishes. :clover: :smile:

PS Are you in the US or the Australian region?
4 posts Page 1 of 1