The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

68 posts Page 1 of 5
Lenten fasting
15 Feb 2018, 10:26
Phew! This is my second day of Lenten fasting. Started on Ash Wednesday. This morning my weight was 63.6 kg - so I need to lose weight. I had about a month of eating, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I find getting back to fasting a bit difficult. But I know from experience that I need to give my body time to adjust. :smile:
Re: Lenten fasting
16 Feb 2018, 10:43
My third day of fasting. Maybe slightly easier than yesterday. Lost only a 100 grams. :frown: Well, there are several weeks ahead of me, so I am bound to lose a bit more. :grin:
17 Feb 2018, 10:35
I basically started this page because the suggested challenge never got started. I am fasting today as well. Not losing weight. But it is early days yet. I have decided to eat tomorrow. Looking forward to that. :grin:
19 Feb 2018, 10:17
On Sunday morning my weight had gone down to 63.2 :smile: . Sunday was an eating day and my weight is back up to 63.9. Ces't la vie. :doh:
19 Feb 2018, 17:17
Congratulations on a good start to your Lenten Fast, @Margotsylvia. I have been off the Forum for a few weeks and can't remember how you do your fasts. Is it every day and between what hours? I know that you have done it for several years but am unclear on the details so perhaps you could enlighten me?
20 Feb 2018, 10:18
It is nice to have someone reacting to my posting :smile: . To answer your question Stowgate Resident: I do window fasting. I have a small snack at afternoon tea time about 15:00. Then I have a low carb evening meal at 18:00. Then I do not eat again until at 15:00 hours the next day. My body has gotten used to again to this fasting method and I do not find it hard. :smile:
20 Feb 2018, 13:33
Thank you for your response, @Margotsylvia, and congratulations on such willpower! I assume that you do this every day during Lent and presumably lose weight as well? I'm not sure that I could be so disciplined so kudos to you. :victory:

I am fasting today and currently feeling very cross because my husband is eating soup and hot, buttered toast! That is really unkind to a starving faster! :curse:

Best wishes for the rest of Lent.
21 Feb 2018, 10:41
I have caught up with my weight loss, before my eating Sunday. This morning I was 63 kg. :smile:
21 Feb 2018, 22:55
Well done! :star: :star: :star:
22 Feb 2018, 10:04
I have broken into the 62 kg side! 62.9 kg this morning :smile: It seems that you, Stowgate Resident and I are the only old ones here. where are the rest of us I wonder. Which country do you come from, UK or US?
23 Feb 2018, 10:46
We have a beautiful winter day here. Sunshine, blue skies, pine trees and snow. This morning I was 62.8 kg. Sometimes the weight goes down slowly and then more rapidly :doh:
23 Feb 2018, 11:36
Well done, @Margotsylvia, it always feel great to break through another Kg barrier, doesn't it? 62.8 sounds so much better than 69kg! :victory:

I live in the UK and had a very brief visit (about six hours) to Helsinki in Finland when we were on a cruise to St Petersburgh in 2013. I bought a necklace and some earrings containing Spectrolite, which we were told is a Finnish gemstone. It is very beautiful and we bought it from the man who designed and made it himself. It is a lovely reminder of our visit.

I hope that your Lenten fast continues to go well. I have done my two fasts for this week so now I just have to keep my eating under control until my weigh-in day on Sunday! :smile:
24 Feb 2018, 10:12
Not losing weight at the moment, but the old trick is to just keep at it. Thank you Stowgate Resident for answering my question. I have lived in the UK for many years and love Marmite and tea with milk and so on. I rather lived more in the South like London and Kent etc, I understand that Lincolnshire is beautiful. We had - 16 degrees Centigrade this morning. But it is very sunny and crispy beautiful. A bit too cold for long walks, though, :confused: .
26 Feb 2018, 10:09
Today is Monday. On Sunday I finally lost some weight. :grin: . 62.5kg. But again this Sunday I could not avoid eating, something social.... And today I am back to 63 kg. But it could be a lot worse. So I am not worried. Today I am doing my fasting again.
26 Feb 2018, 10:10
Today is Monday. On Sunday I finally lost some weight. :grin: . 62.5kg. But again this Sunday I could not avoid eating, something social.... And today I am back to 63 kg. But it could be a lot worse. So I am not worried. Today I am doing my fasting again.
68 posts Page 1 of 5