The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

3 posts Page 1 of 1
return
02 Aug 2018, 09:28
Dear Fellow Fasters,

In 2013 I followed this diet or way of life or whatever you want to call it. Had some good results and liked that way of eating. Lost weight as well until - in hindsight - my thyroid was slowly grinding to a halt. Currently I am in the process of getting my dosage of thyrax (artificial thyroid hormone) right. It's frustrating, I only have to think about food and I've gained another kilo. Anyway, I decided to pick up this system again, had one fast so far and also decided to rejoin this forum as it provided me with a lot of moral support in the past, for which I am very grateful. So, there it is. My fast days are Tuesdays and Fridays. And what I noticed, this way of eating 'spills over' into the other days veggie-wise. That's it so far, fasters have a great fasting day and I will visit again tomorrow. Kind regards,

Josie50
Re: return
02 Aug 2018, 11:35
Hi @Josie50 and welcome back!

I don't know if you were around in the early days of this forum but we used to have so many people on here that fast days, usually Mondays and Thursdays, were just buzzing! A few of the oldies do reappear from time to time. I myself recently returned having put on way too much weight (after losing almost 2.7 stones!!) and, like you, I find that fasting works well along with sensible non-fast days.

On top of fasting, I currently follow the Diet Doctor's advice for low-carb eating. It has worked wonders for me so I hope to continue eating with full fat yoghurts and cream, butter, oils. No more low-fat bland diet foods for me. Now I eat wholesome, non-processed foods - and it appears to be working well!

Anyway, good luck with your fast tomorrow (Friday). Hope it goes well

Bean :smile:
Re: return
03 Aug 2018, 19:10
welcome back, @josie50!
3 posts Page 1 of 1