The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Newbie to the forums
09 Aug 2013, 13:35
Hi Folks

Im Claire and as I am new to the forums I would just like to say a big Hello!! :grin:

Having tried many diets and diet clubs i am so glad i am now a 5:2er! I tend to look at this as not dieting but changing my attitude to food. i no longer feel guilty having a little...(oookay! Sometimes a lot!!!) of what i enjoy, i can swap my fast day if i have social arrangements and more importantly i have stuck to this for over 3 months, which is my personal best as usually if i am deprived i just throw it all in and go back to being a wee piggy!!
My loss has been more or less consistent 1lb a week more often than not :-) I have weeks when i don't loose anything but on the whole i feel that i am making changes and taking steps to amend my eating habits.
I would love to hear feedback or advice from anyone out there.

Claire
Re: Newbie to the forums
09 Aug 2013, 13:43
Welcome to the forum Claire! Yes! I feel the same, this WoE (way of eating) does alot to changing attitudes about food. If I indulge at this meal then next meal will be lighter, a much better balance than thinking I've blown it and might as well keep eating for the rest of the day. lol

Seems you are losing at pretty much the forum average of 1 lb a week. You can put your stats in the progress tracker (even retro-active stats, just change the dates) and you'll get a lovely graph showing all your progress to date. You may make it private or public but I do find it very motivational. :)
09 Aug 2013, 14:48
Hi Claire and Welcome to the forum you will find all the tips, help, and advice on here and the members are lovely :like: Glad you're fasts are working for you & as you say its more of a lifestyle change that is very sustainable for the future, with only 2days of restrictions, or as in my case a2 as I'm doing 4:3 simply because I've loads of weight to get rid of Think I've been doing this WOL about one month longer than you :heart:
But really pleased with the results. Good Luck :clover: Sue
10 Aug 2013, 06:55
Thanks guys!!
Still finding my way around here - can you have 'friends' so that you can follow blogs & threads?
Alsoooo I have added my weight (eeeek!!!) just how public is that??? :?: :?: :?:
10 Aug 2013, 14:32
Clarabo1 wrote: Thanks guys!!
Still finding my way around here - can you have 'friends' so that you can follow blogs & threads?
Alsoooo I have added my weight (eeeek!!!) just how public is that??? :?: :?: :?:

lol, I don't know, I've never clicked on 'friends', everybody is so friendly that I log in everyday and click on View new posts and see what everybody is up to daily.

As for your weight, I can't see it so it's not public .. yet! :wink:
5 posts Page 1 of 1