The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Bootea 14 Day Detox Herbal Tea?
27 Aug 2013, 19:36
Hello! Just wondering if any of you have tried the Bootea detox?

If you haven't heard of it, basically you drink one cup of bootea everyday and one cup before bed every other night for 14 days. I read reviews and people are going mad for it on twitter!

Has anyone tried it? I'm really intrigued but don't want to spend the money if its a load of rubbish! I'm already losing on 5:2 but really think this could help things along too, apparently the herbs work to speed up your metabolism! A few reviewers said they lost half a stone after 14 days, alongside a healthy eating plan of course.

This is the website: www.bootea.com

What do you guys think??
Sorry can't help you because I've never heard of it BUT be careful and don't believe all you read review wise as I got taken in by something similar earlier in year just before I found this WOL to cut long story short it ended up really bad as I got into a rolling order with the bank sorting it out fraud wise. I know this Maybe different but if you need to order with any sort of card BEWARE please as I was in really bad way, only reading a comment from Mimi Spencer in her weekly column did I try this WOL and I will never look back as I was feeling almost *********
Not all reviews are truthful the one's I fell for were allegedly from a TV presenter on C4 it was all Bull**** Good Luck :clover: Sue
Detoxing is rubbish. You have working liver and kidneys.
Green tea is supposed to help speed up the metabolism and if you are following this eating plan successfully why change to theirs? And your liver/kidneys are your body's detoxifiers.

The name puts me off, being a play on booty, what's wrong with backside? Although I grant you shaking your booty does sound a bit more exotic :lol:

I was just about to post when Sue's came up - hadn't even considered the scam angle. Would definitely give this a wide berth, sorry for the pun.
Northcountrygirl I just checked the ''diet watchdog'' its not on there rejected list YET but it also doesn't recognize the name either, you could send a message to them as they were very helpful to me :heart:
Read my original blog :clover: :clover: Sue
Thanks everyone! It's only new so I might wait a while & see what the reviews are in the long run! I do hate the idea of putting something into my body when I'm not really sure of the ingredients, god knows what's in the tea bags! I'll maybe just stick to the 5:2 for now!

Oh and AnnieW I love green tea! The higher living range is amazing, there's one infused with cinnamon & orange peel, you have to try it!

X
Hi,

I did it for 2 weeks along with a load of my friends, lost no weight but lost 3ins off the tummy, good if you need a flatter tummy for an event, but my friends didn't post any results from it. I took photos on day 1, 7 and 14 and there was definitely a difference. On the days following a sleep tea I went to the loo up to 5 times though so if you have plans the next day be careful!!

Jess
JessNight wrote: Hi,

I did it for 2 weeks along with a load of my friends, lost no weight but lost 3ins off the tummy, good if you need a flatter tummy for an event, but my friends didn't post any results from it. I took photos on day 1, 7 and 14 and there was definitely a difference. On the days following a sleep tea I went to the loo up to 5 times though so if you have plans the next day be careful!!

Jess

Hey @JessNight is that YOU? My lovely neighbour?

Welcome to the forum! Have a good read around the forum and the main fasting pages, choose a fasting method and jump right in! Any questions, just ask.

Caroline
Lol....yes!! Hello!! x
9 posts Page 1 of 1