The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Sat 5th Oct
04 Oct 2013, 20:42
I know Sat isn't the most popular fast day but as I'm working tomorrow, and I find it easier when at work at the weekends.
This will be my second this week and first time I've managed 2 for a few weeks.
Need to keep to it.......Christmas is coming. :)
Re: Fasting Sat 6th Oct
04 Oct 2013, 21:46
Good luck bofa! Have a good day x
Re: Fasting Sat 5th Oct
04 Oct 2013, 22:40
I know, I know, but you are not alone!! I'm doing it today as I normally weigh on a Tues morning but I want to weigh tomorrow to be part of the monthly stats. I'm on my own and not going anywhere (sigh), so today may as well be the one!!!
Good luck! :clover:
05 Oct 2013, 01:49
@Debs

I just noticed you are from Tas! That exciting!! I grew up in Cambridge but now live in Japan, its nice to be reminded of home here - i didnt expect that. Today i will be motivated by the thought of returning home to surprise everyone by how fit i will be. :victory:
05 Oct 2013, 02:09
Hi there kmatildat!
I'm not that far from Cambridge, in Elderslie actually and there are a couple more Taswegians on the forum as well. Nice motivational tool, showing people how good you look when you go home! We are going to friends for Chrissy so I have three months to get into shape as they have a pool I want to use!

Windy and sunny here today, but has been grim, cold and rainy for a few days. Nice to get outside and get blown away!!!
Good luck today :clover:
05 Oct 2013, 05:12
Up and getting started. Coffee for breakie and into work for 7. Lots to do so hopefully will be a quick day.

I know Debs. There is always someone else. Being on your own is a good reason to fast today. No distractions or temptations.

Hope you are all having a good day. X

Darkest morning yet.....pitch black outside.
05 Oct 2013, 05:53
Hi everyone,
I'm in today as well.
First time I've fasted on a Saturday but I'm "home alone" :shock: as well so
here I am.
I've fallen off the wagon a little the last couple of weeks so need to get back on.
Tried 16:8 for a break but it just doesn't seem to work for me at this stage.
I'll try again when I'm on maintenance.
Just a 7 month glitch for me I hope.
Hope the day goes, is going, well for all. :smile:
05 Oct 2013, 07:21
Good Morning all! (Adjust the salutation according to time zone!....it's morning here in England!)

I 'usually' fast on a Saturday - and on a Wednesday.

It is decidedly autumnal here weatherwise - and fast-day or not, comfort food is needed!

I have just got my breakfast ready - bowl of porridge and mug of tea.

For tonight I have a bowl of sumptuous leek and barley soup - I made a batch yesterday - 3 portions in the freezer and one in the fridge waiting to be reheated for dinner/supper. This will be followed by a satsuma.

I have some cucumber in the fridge on standby in case I need something 'solid' to crunch on at lunchtime.

I will be going out briefly a short walk (with my walking frame!) to visit Mum for a herbal tea...then this afternoon I will do some knitting and send off a few e-mails....and tonight it is Strictly on the TV!....I like to plan activities for a fast day to stop me reaching for the biscuit tin (or more likely the Wasabi Peas....I can polish off a whole packet whilst watching the TV and only realise it when I go for another handful and find the pack is empty!)

Wishing all Saturday fasters a good 'strong' day today! We can do this!
05 Oct 2013, 08:46
Well I'm so happy to have done my fast day. :victory:
Have only had 200 cals so far with a BIG plate of stir fried veges and some strawberries and papaya, so I'll have a "no sugar" almond milk hot chocolate and a piece of wholemeal toast with a little vegemite in about an hour.
I'm fortunate that as long as I make it to dinner I don't go over my limit.(and I'm also a gal who can't go a day without carbs!) :wink:
05 Oct 2013, 08:52
AspiePrincess wrote: Good Morning all! (Adjust the salutation according to time zone!....it's morning here in England!)

I 'usually' fast on a Saturday - and on a Wednesday.

It is decidedly autumnal here weatherwise - and fast-day or not, comfort food is needed!

I have just got my breakfast ready - bowl of porridge and mug of tea.

For tonight I have a bowl of sumptuous leek and barley soup - I made a batch yesterday - 3 portions in the freezer and one in the fridge waiting to be reheated for dinner/supper. This will be followed by a satsuma.

I have some cucumber in the fridge on standby in case I need something 'solid' to crunch on at lunchtime.

I will be going out briefly a short walk (with my walking frame!) to visit Mum for a herbal tea...then this afternoon I will do some knitting and send off a few e-mails....and tonight it is Strictly on the TV!....I like to plan activities for a fast day to stop me reaching for the biscuit tin (or more likely the Wasabi Peas....I can polish off a whole packet whilst watching the TV and only realise it when I go for another handful and find the pack is empty!)

Wishing all Saturday fasters a good 'strong' day today! We can do this!

Good luck with yr day Aspie
Do you have recipe for yr leek and barley soup or do you just chuck everything and anything in? Sounds lovely x
05 Oct 2013, 09:31
I adapt recipes (especially soup ones!) according to what I have.....for this batch I used...

2 large leeks, washed and sliced
1 huge onion, peeled and roughly chopped.
1 carrot
Roughly 75g of pearl barley
About 750 mls stock (I cheated and used one of those gel-stocks you can buy)
A good grinding of black pepper (no salt needed as the stock cube adds some)

Everything went into the slowcooker on Auto for a few hours, then I gave a rough stamping with a potato masher (I didn't want it too smooth).

This made 4 portions - about 150 calories a portion and neglible fat. (The exact calories vary according to size of leeks, exactly how much barley, what sort of stock cube/gel you use....)

It is really filling - and the beauty is that if you have a few calories 'in hand' you can enhance it with a crumbled up rasher of crisply fried bacon or a little grated cheese before serving...or add these to portions for the family if they are joining you.

I really like soup!
05 Oct 2013, 10:12
Well thank goodness that's nearly over for the day. A combination of fasting and housework does not make for a happy Debs!
Roll on fruit sourdough bread and butter for brekkie!
05 Oct 2013, 11:03
I surprised myself and had 125 calories to spare! So I melted one piece of white choc (38cal) onto a cup of blueberries (80cal) and had a delicious dessert... On a fast day!
05 Oct 2013, 16:34
Had a good day. Busy at work so no time to think about lunch. Had 2 nectarines over the day and coffees.
Just had an m&s fuller longer meal - Thai chicken and veg. Love it!
Best fast day I've had in a while. Needed this boost. :)

Sounds like we've all had a good Saturday. X
05 Oct 2013, 17:23
In as well. 2:30pm here. Plan on holding out till 9 or so and then having some soup and maybe a Quest bar :). Happy fasting!
15 posts Page 1 of 1