The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

19 posts Page 2 of 2
I generally adapt my meal to suit the family...after all I am cooking it so they will fit around me,sounds a bit harsh but that's how it is.
Today husband is back shift so not home for tea but daughter is here with her boyfriend.
We will be having stirfry......chicken peppers carrots green beans/sugar snap peas .I usually replace noodles with shredded savoy cabbage and they really enjoy it. Their extras are prawn crackers sweet chilli dip prawns etc.
Hi. Not done many fasts so far, but finding it easy to bulk out hubby's and sons' teas. They might have jackets, tuna and salad, where I'll just have tuna and salad, maybe with hard boiled egg. Or we've had beans - they have toast and egg with theirs, and I have egg and tomatoes. So agree with others - they have the carbs and I have extra salad or veg.
Good to see some extra ideas!
Well went into Asda and they had some crab claws really cheap so did a small veg stir fry for me including 1/2 pack of spinach, a bit of leek and peppers and some 0 noodles, cooked him some pasta, added a bit of Thai fish sauce to both, few chilli flakes, threw his spinach over his pasta then added the divided shelled crab between 2 and tossed it over. Desicious! Now off for an Options!
Yes, I'm pretty much the same as others.
For myself I only have dinner, and mostly have stir fry veges with either an egg, goat cheese , or occasionally some other protein, followed by a bowl of melon, berries, or an apple.
I add a carb to DH and DD's dinner, -rice, pasta potato or wholemeal bread roll, and they eat the same fruit just more!
If they are still hungry they then fend for themselves :wink:
19 posts Page 2 of 2