The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
what to eat on a fasting day
09 Nov 2013, 19:37
hi can any body help me, i am struggling with the fasting days on what to eat,
:frown:
Ok, help us out here.... are you starting out?
3 small meals?
Lunch & dinner?
One meal only?

Fillers... miso soup, bouillon, oxo

Give s a bit more detail and we can help - oh can we help!!
Hi Linda. Welcome!

Depends on how you eat. If you save your calories up for one meal, a nice steak, veg and a baked apple is easy.

Otherwise
Breakfast - egg
Lunch - soup. Eg cauliflower
Dinner- small chicken breast and green veg

Miso or bouillon for emergency salt infusion
If you're eating just one meal in the evening why not treat yourself to an M&S FullerLonger. They range from about 300-500 cals so are ideal...and delish! I highly recommend them :-)
: :heart: Hi lindabO1 and Welcome :heart: :heart:
Everyone is different but for me I quickly found my best way is evening meal only because once I ate lunch/snack I always become more hungry and over the summer a regular fastday meals was cajun spiced chicken breast cooked on my George grill and a very large salad full of everthing you can think of to crunch my way through.
Good Luck :clover: Sue. :clover:
Most of the recipes from the hairy Dieters cook books come in at under 500kcal. But to keep it simple and spare you time in the kitchen where the temptation may be too much, opt for a simple grilled fish or chicken breast with plain boiled or steamed veg or salad.
Carbohydrates use up too much of your calorie allowance to be useful on a fast day so stick to a half bucket of salad as opposed to a half cup of rice.
6 posts Page 1 of 1