- January 2014

My England love story - Part 1
24 Jan 2014, 11:43

+ July 2013
+ June 2013
2 replies Page 1 of 1

I think "it" knows....

by Manderley on 12 Jun 2013, 09:04

It's my second fast of the week, my 4th since I began to change my way of eating and I think my body knows when a fast day is here and it loves it :cool: I mean, I usually eat in the morning, I can't stand to not have my stomach full when I am up and on fast days, nothing, I can't even finish my coffee :shock:

Does our body knows what is good for it (and nearly wrote "him") and does it put itself on repair mode, refusing to eat anything not good enough when it's fed up ? It's what it seems to me.

On feast days I don't eat as I did "before". I don't restrict myself, I just not crave the same things. I can't eat, for exemple, meals cooked with cream and butter or with a lot of oil. We had a raclette last weekend, I didn't eat a lot and I didn't feel weel after, only relieved by the fast day monday. It's a strange thing, really and I wonder if it will stay that way or if it will become more "normal".

One good news, I tried yesterday an old pair of jeans that I couldn't wear for years and it fit perfectly. Better still, I can put a pair of trousers a size lower, they fit, I can sit with them but, on the waist, it's not "nice", I don't know how to explain, the skin seems to overflow of the trousers so they will wait a bit more :grin:

Well, I look at my watch it says 9:25 and I think
"Oh God! I'm still alive."

'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for The people on the edge of the night
And loves dares you to change our way of Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance, This is our last dance, This is ourselves
2 Comments   Viewed 4585 times

Comments

Re: I think "it" knows....
12 Jun 2013, 09:20
Your experience is the same as mine!! :-)
Re: I think "it" knows....
12 Jun 2013, 15:18
Your trouser problem is called a "muffin top". And that's what I am getting rid of - I hope. I too prefer fast days, but because I am in control. Yesterday was my third. It was brilliant. Good luck with your trousers.
2 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!