- January 2014

My England love story - Part 1
24 Jan 2014, 11:43

+ July 2013
+ June 2013
3 replies Page 1 of 1

End of second week

by Manderley on 15 Jun 2013, 07:51

So.... It is time to write all the pros and cons of thie new way of life (I hate the word "diet", it's a nasty word :wink: )

1 - I practise my English again. I am a bit rusted when it comes to write (I watch all my movies and TV shows in English so I understand pretty well) but it seems to come back, even if I am pretty sure I still make some huge mistakes

2 - I am more focused and I found an inner peace that I didn't have. This week wa really tough, my Honey lost his step dad and I lost a familly member the same day, I caught the flu but, during fast days I felt like a weight going off my shoulders. It's difficult to explain and even understand

3 - I am looking forward the next fast and am even disapointed to have to wait until monday for the next one

5 - The weight loss is smooth. I lost 12 kgs since february, I didn't weight myself since I began to fast and I won't for a month or so because I don't want the numbers to stress me out. I always hated scales, even when I go to my GP he doesn't insist if I don't want to go on it. I feel healthier and I see that my clothes are way too big and it's enough for me right now

6 - I am going to treat myself next week with clothes. Not new clothes but secondhad ones. I will buy new ones only when I will reach my goal

These two weeks have been interesting, to say the least....

Well, I look at my watch it says 9:25 and I think
"Oh God! I'm still alive."

'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for The people on the edge of the night
And loves dares you to change our way of Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance, This is our last dance, This is ourselves
3 Comments   Viewed 3463 times

Comments

Re: End of second week
15 Jun 2013, 13:23
I am sorry to hear of you have lost loved ones, and that you have been poorly too, sounds like a really tough week.

You have done really well with your weight loss so far it is inspirational especially when you are going through difficult times. you definitely deserve to treat your self to some new clothes, I find that makes me want to stay on track.

Keep up the good work and good luck for your fast day on Monday :)
16 Jun 2013, 13:21
:like: You've had a tough time but still staying focused so well done. Huge congratulations on your English,it's fantastic,no big mistakes so don't worry-tres bonne???? (I think) :clover: :grin: :?:
17 Jun 2013, 06:19
awwww thanks to both of you :heart:

I think that all the changes made these past few months gave me another way of thinking and looking at things. Not in a Mary Poppins way, just in a "one day at a time" way

Annieliz, I would say "très bon" as 3nglish is a male name :wink:

I lived in England for 2 years when I was 20. The best time of my life. Sometimes, I feel like homesick and that's when I become crazy, ordering tea, chocolate, mustard, and other things I can't find here. I mean, I can find tea, chocolate and mustard, but not the same as in England. I was cazy happy when digestives biscuits arrived in France, that's how odd I am :grin:
3 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!