02 Sep 2014, 08:49

+ June 2013
+ May 2013
+ April 2013
+ March 2013
2 replies Page 1 of 1

Home from hols with excess baggage

by Azureblue on 16 Jun 2013, 09:12

Weymouth is a lovely town, always something to see on the river or out to sea or up on Portland Bill. The first 3 days were bright and sunny so we were outside all the time. Wednesday rained all day but we made a valiant effort at being tourists then retreated to our holiday flat.
I can recommend Monkey World at Wool, a large selection of happy primates in terrific surroundings. Also Abbotsbury swannery where cygnets were popping out all around us. Corfe Castle takes some climbing, the only way is up and I managed more than I thought to see wonderful views all round.
There's a coffee shop called Stanley in Weymouth where they give you 2 warmed crumbly scones with generous jam and the best clotted cream with tea or coffee that is the pinnacle of the Dorset Cream Tea.
I returned 1kg heavier, having weighed myself this morning (after scaring myself yesterday afternoon with 6lbs up) and the fast kicks in from tonight!

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
Embracing 16:8 by eating between 11am - 7pm.
Keeping carbs down low, my daily protein aim is 80g and mindfully enjoying the good fats of organic extra virgin olive oil and organic butter.
Always look on the bright side of life :0)
2 Comments   Viewed 19544 times

Comments

I recon 1 kg will soon come off and the crumbly scones with jam and clotted cream would have been worth it!
Oh so more than worth it!! I did eat lots of different fruit too. And a lemon posset that was The Best Ever.
Should I be this interested in food or is it because Fast Day is upon me?
:0@
2 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!