Archives

- November 2013

That was quick!
03 Nov 2013, 09:54

+ September 2013
+ August 2013

well whadyaknow!

by drilakila on 18 Aug 2013, 19:59

I just had to jump on the scales again. I know I shouldn't because I can be very obsessive about my weight lol.
To my great surprise I am back to 13 and 1/2 stone! I find this yo yo-ing weight quite interesting. Back in the day when i was a yo yo dieter the gaining of weight would send me spiraling into a depression. I know it's very early days but I feel happy that if I trust in the process I have no need to worry about gaining a few pounds.
I am still struggling with eating enough calories on my 'normal' days lol. Yesterday I felt I was forcing food down me! But I balked at eating a whole (small) trifle because it was 700 calories! I ate half, but you know, it wasn't as fabulous as I thought it would be! I'd rather have fruit and low fat ice cream.
This evening I had pizza...well half. I was full! I am looking forward to fasting tomorrow. I am thinking my dogs might put on weight at this rate if I keep giving then the food I can't eat lol.
I spent a really happy hour this morning finding old clothes I had stashed in a wardrobe. Imagine my surprise that clothes I haven't worn for 5+ years actually fit me. I don't know where or when I might wear them though. I have smaller jeans as an incentive waiting for me to squeeze into. I do wonder how long it will take. It has all gone so well so far in a very short time.
I noticed today out walking and playing with my horse how much less strain it was. Just 14 lbs lost with 28 more to go but already I feel the difference. I found myself asking my horse today if she felt I was different when I rode her. :grin:
I want to time travel and fast forward 6 months to see how things have gone. In my dreams I am thinner and therefore happier because I acknowledge that being slim is vital to my well being. Something I hadn't considered was the benefits health wise of losing weight. It has really only just hit me that aside from losing weight, the aesthetic of it, I am doing something good about my health which might be more important than being thinner on the outside.
Another bonus is, a while ago I was lamenting how boring eating was. It seems now the food I eat has become interesting again. x

0 Comments   Viewed 1802 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!