Archives

- November 2013

That was quick!
03 Nov 2013, 09:54

+ September 2013
+ August 2013

why, thank you!

by drilakila on 22 Aug 2013, 10:42

one of my customers asked me if I had lost weight yesterday. He's a fitness instructor and we have discussed diets etc often. He helped me out last year with a food plan which did help me shift some weight. Very nice to get such good feedback.
My 10th fast went well yesterday and it is definitely getting easier. Except for the evenings which are still a challenge. My stomach doesn't tell me it's hungry..my mouth does! Perhaps it's a hangover from when I used to smoke or I am really orally fixated lol. It's very frustrating for me to feel like this and I get restless wondering if I can squeeze a few more calories into me, out of my allowance. I go to the fridge, open the door and stare at the contents. I close the door empty handed, sigh, and walk away. The trouble is I crave bread and cheese....anything highly calorific. So I drink some more water or no sugar ginger beer and go to bed a little bit hungry. Not crying though, :cry: I am past that already thankfully.
I find it a great relief on fast days to not have to eat...making a decision about lunch has always been a nightmare. Often I get something and then I don't want to eat it or I eat all of it and feel too full. No more afternoon lows when I feel sleepy and irritable. Probably something to do with blood sugar levels?
I dream of being smaller :sleepy: . I look at clothes in the shops and think, one day I will be wearing that size :grin: . A size 12 seems obtainable although a bit of a fantasy at the moment. I can't quite imagine how that will feel it's been so long. And if I am honest being thinner seems to be quite important for my self esteem. I feel less worthy being fat. What's that all about? At the same time I feel as if it won't happen because I don't deserve it. It's not a question of whether I deserve it or not, that's just my warped view of food and my body. I do know I am determined to give it a really good try!
Still surprised I have lost so much weight already. Slight guilt as others haven't and that's usually what happens to me. Makes me think this really is a better way to health and weight loss :cool: .

0 Comments   Viewed 1822 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!