- November 2013

That was quick!
03 Nov 2013, 09:54

+ September 2013
+ August 2013
2 replies Page 1 of 1

Happiness is....

by drilakila on 29 Aug 2013, 08:24

Finding out that two squares of 70% chocolate are 104 calories and fit in at the end of a fasting day without blowing my allowance! I keep looking at my slimmer arms and thinking, wow my arms look different. Very weird.

Not doing very well mentally this week. Fasting is going ok although evenings still find me pacing a little in front of the fridge lol.
This is probably not the place to air my inner thoughts but I will anyway.
I get depressed. Don't we all. Spent years in therapy and taking anti-depressants but this last year I have been without drugs and therapy and coping pretty well. But I have days/weeks when the world turns sour. Everything is wrong. I feel lost and lonely but at the same time unable to interact with people although it's what I crave. So maybe the anonymity of a blog will help me get back to facing the world with a smile.

Prior to 5:2 when I felt like this I would drink myself into a stupor most nights or eat to comfort myself. It didn't feel like bingeing.....one extra sandwich or lump of cheese is not a lot, except in calories and if you do that for long enough it does make you fat! Not one for following rules, fighting against them like a teenager, I am finding the regularity and limits of 5:2 ok to be with. Gives me order in the chaos I feel.

Part of my downwards spiral of thinking yesterday was, what if I never lose any more weight. What if the new scales (dispatched today) tell me I am much heavier than I thought. What if despite all my efforts I stay being fat and therefore ugly. Sigh.

I read all of the posts here, success stories and inspiration. Although I am unable right now to enjoy it all fully and comment, when adding another post to say well done is a really good thing to do, I just can't do it because it's not how I feel. And I hate myself when I am like this. So I keep quiet because then I don't feel disingenuous or fake.

Yesterday was my 13th fast(doing 4:3)and the scales are fluctuating less so I am on the right track. I think focusing on future weight loss...maybe even reaching my goal weight does give me some kind of reward to look forward to. It might be a along way off but it might be do-able lol. Others manage it so why shouldn't I?

2 Comments   Viewed 3021 times

Comments

Re: Happiness is....
29 Aug 2013, 17:10
I have been in a simila situation.... Boredom etc leads to too much alcohol snacking etc..... Im now at the gym 3 nights avweek at least, another night i go walking or cycling and joined a hillwalking group. The exercise is not only helping to tone me..... Im getting out.... Speaking with people rather than staying home.... The hardest hurdle is getting out there and walking through the door .... But its enjoyable once you do, by the time im done showered hair done etc my evening ha flown past! Still to try on a fast day though!
Re: Happiness is....
19 Sep 2013, 09:21
Well done on getting off the anti-depressants. You probably know this but alcohol is a depressant and I know if I drink too much it just sends me into one of those doom loops which can take ages to come back from. You will lose more weight - just look at how far you have come. Don't give up now!
2 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!