+ July 2013
+ June 2013
+ May 2013
+ April 2013

On the road to a healthier me

4 replies Page 1 of 1

Almost there

by AiriR on 16 Oct 2013, 11:39

I haven't done an entry here in a while. I'm still happily 5:2ing and now within 2.8 kg (just over 6 pounds I think) of my final target, seven months after embarking on this life-changing journey. I am way beyond pleased at my success and really enjoying being this weight again, after so many years. The Progress Tracker tells me that if I keep going like I have been, I will reach my goal in another five weeks - can't quite believe that I am so close. To be honest, at this point I am not too fussed about when I actually get to goal because I know I will, and I have already made a huge difference to my health by losing the 19 kg/almost 3 stone.

I have arrived where I am by eating real food and continuing to enjoy my life but just being more mindful of what I eat and when. I enjoy chocolate and wine and icecream and have been quite surprised by what I can actually have and still stay within my TDEE, even now when it's under 1500. I do two fasts a week, one of them a zero-calorie one, and one day a week I have absolutely anything I like and the weight still keeps falling off. Not once have I felt like I'm on a diet and I hope maintaining will be just as easy once I get to that point.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
4 Comments   Viewed 4156 times

Comments

Re: Almost there
08 Nov 2013, 00:25
How wonderful Airi- I've just read your whole 10 blogs. I feel the same way as you. It doesn't really matter when we get to goal as we will be doing a variation of this WOL forever more. Also now there's no guilt associated with food and we can enjoy ourselves on holidays and any excess disappears quickly. Its thrilling really. I feel like shouting about it from the mountain tops but people are funny. I think 90 percent just thinking its too weird even though they see me shrinking before their eyes. Sad for them but happy for me and you and all of our lovely friends on the forum.
Xxx julianna
RE: Almost there
08 Nov 2013, 12:25
Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving your lovely comment, Julianna. :heart: As I said in a thread on the board recently, 5:2 is the best thing that has happened to me this year. It's fantastic to read all the success stories here; so many people's lives changed in the most wonderful way! I can definitely relate to what you say about wanting to shout from the rooftops but I suppose all you can do is tell people who ask and are receptive. I'm sure sooner or later the ever-growing numbers of happy 5:2ers will convince even the most skeptic doubters! :smile:

Congratulations on your wonderful progress too! :like:
Re: Almost there
09 Nov 2013, 10:12
You are both inspiring! What wonderful stories. Me too, shouting from rooftops. I know it's slow for me, but it is definitely happening and without dieting. Lifetime change, still loving food and cooking. We've cracked it, girls!
RE: Almost there
09 Nov 2013, 12:06
Thanks Sally! :heart: We most definitely have! I have never heard of a more enjoyable way to get back to a healthy weight and stay there, no dieting involved! :smile: Life is meant to be enjoyed is my firm belief! :cool:
4 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!