New start - medication free!
19 Jan 2014, 14:38

+ April 2013
+ March 2013
5 replies Page 1 of 1
1 out of 52 out of 53 out of 54 out of 55 out of 5

New start - medication free!

by Tracieknits on 19 Jan 2014, 14:38

So the last year has been frustrating. Stop losing weight, or even gain a few ounces. Get a blood draw. Wait for the results. Have the doctor call and tell me my thyroid is too low, and he's reducing the thyroid suppressing medications. Wait 6 weeks for the medication levels to stabilize in my system, get a new blood draw, wait for the results...

Every couple of months, my thyroid levels would be low and they would again decrease my meds - oh so gradually!! Well finally, I stopped taking meds in early December :victory:

I didn't record any weight gains in my tracker because I REFUSED to believe they were permanent gains. I was not willing to admit defeat. I knew that with this way of eating, I could regain control once I could wrest it back from my meds.

Over the Christmas holidays, I did go up a few pounds. I weigh every day, so it's hard to tell, exactly, but my average weight for the month of December was about 3 pounds higher than my low that I maintained this summer. It was a low I maintained through my holiday in France, but I shockingly gained 4 pounds on a 4 day trip to Nebraska, where the only food available was, frankly, disgusting and chemical laden. We don't normally eat fast food or junk food. I worked very hard to get rid of that, but wasn't able to lose the last pound before Christmas.

Well the fantastic news is that I am back down to my summer low! I am actually at a fasting weight today, which is odd because I did not fast yesterday (boy did I not fast yesterday!!) Weekly average weights showed a 1.4lb loss the first week of January, a 1.4 loss the second week of January, and a 0.4 lb loss so far this week. Considering the snail's pace of the last 9 months, I am completely thrilled with this!!

I'm not doing anything differently than I did in October, when I lost a grand total of 0.5 pounds for the entire MONTH.

So I'm thrilled and really hoping this means I'm going to be seeing results now that the meds are out of my system.
Last edited by Tracieknits on 19 Jan 2014, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

Battling a naughty thyroid.

Lost 73 lbs and almost 12 points of BMI - so far
5 Comments   Viewed 8127 times

Comments

Good for you Tracie!

hope it all goes your way from now :-) xx
Fantastic!!
Thanks so much Angie and Geri!
Such good news Tracieknits. How wonderful to be free of the medications. Now lets see what happens! You are such an inspiration the way you have hung in. Thank you.
Thanks Sallyo! It was either hang in there or give up and just be obese forever. I really don't want to be obese forever!!! Of course I couldn't have done it without my wonderful hubby :-)
5 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!