Hometime!
10 Mar 2014, 02:32

+ February 2014
+ January 2014
+ October 2013
5 replies Page 1 of 1

Still not hungry!!

by Debs on 26 Jan 2014, 06:55

Continuing on from my last post, I am still fasting every other day. The choccy is STILL in the fridge and I still have uneaten chicken and avocado in the fridge. No, not the same one, that would be revolting and a health risk. But still, I am struggling to eat.
I find humidity plays havoc with my appetite as well, I just want to drink. And no, not a crisp sav blanc either! Take out shares in lime cordial, I am propping up the industry currently.

It is Australia Day today and I am sat in the office listening to Triple J's Hottest 100 and pottering on the interweb. There is more wet weather predicted up here so works will be stopped again and I shan't be able to get outside and inspect. From my window I can see rows of the most ginormous dump trucks lined up. Each one carried about 50 tonnes of material, they are huge.Not quite as big as some of the Toorak tractors, or 4wds that are used to drop little Johnny off at his private school :wink:

It is work as usual here, there will probably be some ritual meat burning, aka a bbq later but I draw a line at the huge slabs of meat that passes for a bbq in these parts. I may drop in the canteen and see if the chefs have whipped up a sublime little pavlova with creme anglaise, fresh strawberries. Sorry, just drifted off there. Who am I kidding? Cooking for the masses here does not allow for creativity, or skill. Greta piles of over cooked meat. Partially frozen vegetables, under cooked pumpkin. And you wonder why I'm fasting every other day??!!

Already planning my assault on the goodies of Hobart. I fly home overnight so straight off the plane and into Sweet Envy for a double latte and a pecan bun. And then I shall collapse. I'm booking a winery lunch for Valentines Day, but I shall drink and OH can drive. There are some limits to my generosity!

I drove into Port Hedland to pick up some new uniform this morning. Only took 2 hours to get there!! It is size 10 and hopefully will fit slightly better than the voluminous rags I am currently dressed in. Mens' clothes are fine, but they seem to struggle with dressing women. I was lucky I fitted into the boots, the smallest size they have available!! No fashionistas around here!! I am lucky, I look so awful during the day, no one recognises me after work! No need to lock up your husbands ladies!!!

Port Hedland is one of those places that no one would live in by choice. I don't know how many Aussies on the forum have been here, but it is industrial port meets the desert. Not pretty and SO expensive. Rental rates are around $1000 a week (GBP580). Crikey. Pity the poor locals who actually want to live here, I have no idea how they keep essential personnel, health workers, police etc. No one can afford to live here. Many of the jobs I see offer subsidised accommodation.

I am going to put some piccies on Instagram, when I figure out how to do it. I shall post a link.

Bye!!

http://Www.bakingandbirding.com

Started BSD27/7/2016 65.4kg
04/11/2016 57.2kg
5 Comments   Viewed 20954 times

Comments

Re: Still not hungry!!
26 Jan 2014, 09:56
I well remember Hobart food so yummy each time I have been there. Hope you manage to get to your goals so you can enjoy the treats at home, would be a shame not to eat up when you are is a foodie heaven. Kinda makes doing ADF easier where you are in Port Headland with such unappetising food .
27 Jan 2014, 07:36
I'm an Instagram girl too. Hope you have a great trip. Will you ADF when home?
27 Jan 2014, 22:39
Hi there carie. No I shan't as I want to enjoy Hobart delights, but I shall 16:8 instead. I suspect that my appetite will be much diminuished so I shan't eat much anyway. Ooops, typing still rubbish, I typed mush. No, don't fancy that, or gruel!!
28 Jan 2014, 06:59
Great post! Tell me when you start instagramming. I need to learn too!
28 Jan 2014, 13:13
Insatgram is just an app which when you take a photo you can send it there, but make sure you only show to friends, as I got a bit shocked with some attention I got for a pic of a sunset by the river.!! ! ! It's easy and the effects are good too. I'm cloates. See you can find me anywhere.
5 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!