Hometime!
10 Mar 2014, 02:32

+ February 2014
+ January 2014
+ October 2013
3 replies Page 1 of 1

Small notes from a large mine

by Debs on 04 Feb 2014, 03:10

I wrote a long blog post yesterday and it all disappeared in a puff of server change over. That will teach me not to do too much during critical server infaces as they say!!!

I had a day off yesterday and drove into Port Hedland, a mere 167km (100 miles) away and treated myself to a fly blown muffin and iced coffee. Nor that exciting but made a change. It suddenly occurred to me that I haven't had a hot meal since I have been up here due to my avoidance of the dry mess where they serve meals. I'm not missing much though!

The rain has eased up a bit now and it has returned to being very, very hot. The upside is that all the grass is flowering and there are pools of water lying everywhere. The rivers are flowing and all the birds are starting to breed. There are small groups of budgerigars dashing around everywhere which are lovely to see. They breed in small tree hollows along the creeks and will be setting up home. There are a lot of goannas (very large lizards) wandering around too, looking to dig out holes in termite mounds for their self incubating eggs and looking for birds eggs and nestlings to steal as they are very good tree climbers and have been known to try and climb up peoples' legs to escape danger!!
The countryside does look beautiful outside, just wish it was about 20 degrees cooler!! The night sky is pretty spectacular as well. The country is so flat in places that when you go outside you can see stars all the way down to the ground. I know what they mean by a big sky!!

I spent quite a bit of time in my donga yesterday, what can only be described as a rabbit hutch in a shipping container! They are demountable cabins split into four self contained rooms with a bathroom.

I ended up eating far too much on my eating day, most of which I didn't really want but felt I should eat anyway ahead of my attempted three day fast. I shall see how I go with that, especially as I am already grumpy after a really bad night's sleep.

If anyone is interested in piccies of where I work, I have put some in instagram under debandju

http://Www.bakingandbirding.com

Started BSD27/7/2016 65.4kg
04/11/2016 57.2kg
3 Comments   Viewed 20263 times

Comments

I am a tad jealous. Was also chatting with a friend at work who's daughter was living in Taz for a few years until recently. She was showing me the map of Taz. So where are you exactly.? As I have to go back tomorrow to have a look.
Hi there, you can put our road in on google maps, Nichols Road, Elderslie, we are right at the end of the valley all on our own. We're about 45 minutes nw of Hobart which is perfect. Heaps of wildlife and we can play our music as loudly as we want!
Great post. Need to hunt you down on Instagram as soon as I remember my password!
3 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!