16 May 2014, 13:04

+ April 2014
+ March 2014
+ February 2014
+ January 2014
2 replies Page 1 of 1

Doing well

by Revel3 on 04 Mar 2014, 07:30

Weight still going down. Have lost 10lb since beg of Jan. Clothes feeling looser and I'm feeling better. Up until now I have split my fast day calories between two meals - a late breakfast and an evening meal. Yesterday I tried a different approach and didn't eat anything until the evening. I had black tea and water to drink and then had a lovely stir fry with some cold chicken for tea. It was lovely being able to have a larger meal and meant I wasn't restless all evening wondering how soon I could go to bed so that it would be the next day and I could eat again. However I did feel lethargic for most of the day and I'm not sure I will do this very often, maybe just now and again. I think I prefer having some protein mid-morning to keep me going until the evening.

One of the benefits of this fasting for me is it's potential flexibility. The week I didn't fast because my mum died and I needed to take a break, I lost 2 lb. that may have been cumulative from the couple of weeks before when I didn't lose but it has stayed off and I am still losing. The next couple of weeks we are going to be visiting family on Sumdays/Mondays. So I'm going to change my fast day to Tuesday. It just doesn't feel pressured and therefore easier to stick to than calorie counting every single day. That works when I do it but after a couple of successful weeks I get complacent and lapse. Calorie counting for just two days a week is so much easier and I can get through my fasting days by planning a lavish breakfast for the next day - a lavish breakfast I never actually have as I enjoy my poached eggs on toast so much.

So far then this is continuing to be a great success. I'm through the second month and am going to review it again at Easter. But it feels a good lifestyle to stick with and hopefully will continue to give me a healthier attitude to food. :like:

2 Comments   Viewed 4124 times

Comments

Re: Doing well
04 Mar 2014, 20:18
Welcome to the group! Sorry about your mom. One thing I've noticed with mine and a number of other close relatives now gone if that all memories of them are happy thoughts.

Lethargy is easy to avoid with this WOE. Check this link to learn why:

benefits-side-effects-f28/topic4226-15.html?hilit=salt#p103857

:-)
Re: Doing well
25 Mar 2014, 07:01
Thanks for the link. Interesting re salt. As we eat very little processed food and cook from fresh ingredients I have always been sceptical about need to cut salt out of diet. Public health messages are so general as they have to cover the whole population whereas neither OH or I have blood pressure issues (in fact we're both on low side) so do sprinkle salt (lightly) on our food. Salt has become a public enemy which is ridiculous, it's the food industry which is the real enemy......
2 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!