+ June 2014
+ May 2014
+ April 2014
+ March 2014
+ February 2014
+ January 2014

Walking on the Edge

by barbarita on 20 May 2014, 16:22

Last Tuesday it was a walk down Wenlock Edge from delightful Much Wenlock to Craven Arms. In general a pretty route mainly through woodland and lush pasture on a beautiful day that also featured two downpours, the first with hailstones. 16 miles, not too much up, stretches of horrible oozy muddy slides. All done on 2 mugs of green tea beforehand and water. I was still going at 2 when my window normally opens, felt OK so decided not to eat. Had break-fast after getting back to the cottage at 4.

This week walked from Garsdale station to Kirkby Stephen, 13.2 miles, staring up at Mallerstang Edge with dark cloud boiling over it to assess if the walk between the 2 stations over Mallerstang Edge and Nine Standards Rigg, 17 miles, strenuous, just short of 3000' of ascent was still possible for me. Decided that it might just be; it would have to be a Saturday as the southbound train runs an hour earlier. Very pleased to do this walk in just over 4 hours and get to the station just as it started spitting.

I have done harder walks in the past but always suffered for them, now I do not get so stiff and tired and can get up and go next day no problem. It is more than the weight loss, thank you Fast-5.

Speaking of weight loss, Interim Goal achieved, 8 stone 13 lbs.

But the energy and fitness is worth so much more.

5:2 Aug to Dec 2013 : Fast-5 Jan 2014 - Dec 2016: OMAD Jan 2017 - present
Maintained from 07/07/2014 with Fast-5/OMAD and lower carb.

No GPS - grains, sugars or potatoes
Not one calorie counted.
0 Comments   Viewed 2478 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!