+ June 2014
+ May 2014
+ April 2014
+ March 2014
+ February 2014
+ January 2014

Having your cake ...

by barbarita on 30 Jun 2014, 08:25

Well yesterday I did - twice. On a Ramblers walk, we first stopped at one tea shop and I bought a slab of ginger cake, drank green tea and waited till my window opened at 2, ate a Babybel so as not to start off with carbs, and then had the ginger cake.

The group arrived at the pick-up point early, so after more Babybel and a boiled egg, I found myself in a tea shop with an older lady and we treated ourselves to a piece of coffee and walnut gateau (wonder why it did not occur to us to share?)

I think this counts as social eating, which I do not do often, so although cake = Sugar and flour (don't care about the fat) which I generally avoid, I did not stress about it.

This morning I was 3 pounds lighter. Therefore cake is diet food. No, rubbish of course it isn't. What this illustrates is that my body does not do instant feedback, so I don't panic if I plateau or gain, as I did last week.

I don't believe in calories in, calories out so I have a different paradigm to keep me motivated. Keep doing the right things and eventually the results will come, just like if you turn the wheel of up super-tanker eventually you will see it change course.

I suspect the cake may come back to bite me in a week or two!
Last edited by barbarita on 30 Jun 2014, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.

5:2 Aug to Dec 2013 : Fast-5 Jan 2014 - Dec 2016: OMAD Jan 2017 - present
Maintained from 07/07/2014 with Fast-5/OMAD and lower carb.

No GPS - grains, sugars or potatoes
Not one calorie counted.
0 Comments   Viewed 1872 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!