Archives

- July 2014
+ March 2014
+ February 2014
2 replies Page 1 of 1

My 'back on track' seemed so long ago so now 4 months on

by gillymary on 05 Jul 2014, 03:06

Life goes on with its temptations.

Tried 6:1 for a while but it wasn't enough. Rushing about doing what you do. Temptation came along. Why do workshops have c..p food I ask. I must have eaten too many carbs over the couple of conference days while I avoided the sandwiches I succumbed to cake and fruits :cry:

Then the late March weekend away in a cottage by the sea with ex work colleagues was much laughter, memory lane stories and of course we had lots of food and wine. That was not fasting fare but was a weekend which fed my soul. By now I was in April, I missed a few fasts, ate a few too many carbs and the scales told me time to do something. ADF was the answer as I was on holidays so I could mooch around home making my drinks for liquid fasting and when not as disciplined I did window fast days. Desired results were to claw back a respectable buffer and April ended with 75 on scales again, phew ... my preferred numbers.

Busy May and June and end of term celebrations Chinese and Indian cuisine and this time if the scales could speak they would have shouted "EEK!" I fleetingly saw figures I had not seen in 18months - :shock: just fluid accumulated, gone very quickly but a warning. So back onto 2 days fasting per week and more when I could spontaneously fit an extra.

Now it's July and I have maintained a plateau of sorts for 12 months. So ADF must be it for a bit to repair while getting to know my body, my appetite and my eating habits with IF over the months and years show me one thing my maintenance strategy definitely won't be 6:1 :?: More like 5:2. Oh well ... No harm in that and so onwards I prevail :smile:
Last edited by gillymary on 05 Jul 2014, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.

2 Comments   Viewed 1738 times

Comments

interesting read, gillymary. i haven't varied from 5:2 and I think it suits me best. I would only go to 6:1 if I had lost so much weight that I didn't want to lose any more. I'm on a plateau on 5:2 at the moment, but this week I lost a kg. I don't know if it will stay lost. Just keep on keeping on. And yes, why do workshops only give you crap food? And hospitals! Like in Emergency etc, the only food available is rubbish. It's so wrong.
Hi Gillymary. Sounds like you have your ups and downs a little like me. I know what you mean about 5:2 for maintaining. I really need to do 4:3 to lose. Have you tried 16:8 on days when you know you are not going to be in control of your environment? Thinking about just giving longer 'repair' time. Take care x
2 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!