- July 2013

The Target Dress
27 Jul 2013, 19:58

+ May 2013
+ April 2013
+ March 2013

Liquids

by Melanie Cheeks on 03 May 2013, 09:39

Monday and Thursday again this week, which worked really well.

I was hoping to do just liquids on Monday, but then remembered I had a meeting mid-morning, so I allowed myself some Ryvita and low-low cheese. I've switched from rice cakes to Ryvita - although the rice cakes have slightly less calories, (less or fewer?) they are a higher GI food. I skipped lunch - went downtown to return the iPod Shuffle which I'd bought on Sunday but which wasn't what I needed at all, and also had my now long and strong nails done properly at the Nails Inc stand in Victoria Square.

I'm not a coffee drinker - I only consume it on fast days. Ordered a regular black coffee to go at a cafe, and was astonished at the volume of it! Kept me going till mid-afternoon.

Dinner was with husband - we have GOT to stop buying so much food. We had to eat a couple of breaded cod loin steaks or they'd be thrown out. I scraped most of the coating off mine, and had it with microwaved courgette cubes. Husband had his with a Rice fusions pyramid. Scottish dancing - had one digestive.

Tuesday was my day off this week - went for a gorgeous run in Hillsborough forest, then tried a kettlebells class at lunchtime - my hamstrings are still aching!

Thursday fast - liquids only all day. Lemon water, tea, bouillon, Bovril (I'd forgotten how much I love Bovril!), coffee, ginseng tea, more Bovril..... I ate a satsuma about 4 pm, as I was heading out to the gym later on. When I got home, husband was cooking some fresh pasta parcels stuffed with pine nuts and basil, with a spinach and ricotta sauce. Again, needed to be used before its sell-by. Thank goodness I have plenty of calories to spare - I enjoyed 2 of the delicious pillows with a little sauce, before my treadmill session. Actually, I got a stitch about half way through the run, which may have been from eating too soon beforehand. But otherwise, felt good to be running, stiff hamstrings weren't a problem.

Post gym, I made a snack wrap - discovered these new mini wraps at under 100 cals each, which are a sensible size. Spread with a blob of salsa, a handful of spinach, and 50g cooked turkey, it was the perfect post-workout food. I snuggled on the sofa with husband enjoying a diet shandy and feeling really positive.

Good mood continued on my Friday weigh-in at under 135 pounds, with a bmi now under 25!

I intend to continue with the "liquids only as long as poss" approach next week. Bank Holiday Monday, so I may try Tues-Thurs for a change.
Last edited by Melanie Cheeks on 03 May 2013, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

Fasting is mental!
0 Comments   Viewed 2987 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!