- March 2013

Not so positive!
20 Mar 2013, 15:53

Positive!
12 Mar 2013, 09:03

2 replies Page 1 of 1

Not so positive!

by sophieh on 20 Mar 2013, 15:53

Felt so frustrated today and totally demotivated when I got on scales and weighed 3lbs heavier than I did a week or so a go. Just feels like there's so much going on that I don't have enough brain space for it all! :bugeyes:

I think the CBT is going to be a help for me (for the GAD), but I am trying to get back into writing again (and actually keep going this time and not think I am going to fall at the first hurdle) :oops:

But then I'm trying to go running too, and working part time plus looking after the children and walking the dog (that everyone wanted and now no one looks after except me!) as well as trying to make time to write, and trying to plan and stick to fasts - it all feels a bit much today. I kind of want to just pig out and relax this evening, almost to get it out of my system :eat:

I've been fasting 14-16 hours four days a week and trying to just do one 500 cal fast, I found that doing the actual 5:2 was making me quite anxious on the 2nd day (no idea why), but doing the mini fasts plus one proper fast seems to sit better with me. Although today was meant to be my fast day but then I remembered I had the year one cafe at school - where the children in my son's class serve their parents cafe food! So cute :lol: So whilst I ate nothing up until then (resulting in a 16 hour fast) I then ate a cucumber sandwich, a scone, a fairy cake, a chocolate cover strawberry and cherry and four crackers with butter and jam. Then I felt bloated and rubbish and had that awful anxious feeling in my stomach.

Sometimes I feel like I am in a constant battle with myself and what's right and what's wrong for my body and mind. It's so hard to find a happy medium, although I'm hoping the CBT will help me find balance and the fasting IS resulting in positive feelings and more energy - I think I'm just having an off day. It didn't help when I opened the curtains again to freezing cold weather and grey skies. Where the hell is Spring!??!!? :curse:

Repair days: Mondays & Fridays

The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
2 Comments   Viewed 4469 times

Comments

Re: Not so positive!
20 Mar 2013, 18:34
Sophie, I feel you are just being far too hard on yourself. For me on a non-fast day a scone, a fairy cake, a chocolate-covered strawberry and cherry and four crackers with butter and jam would be an unusual lunch but I'd go with it! I went to a birthday party the other week and that kind of thing was exactly what I had so I called it dinner. It had no detrimental effect on my weight loss at all! If you constantly feel guilty about what you eat your relationship with food will forever be a problem.

If you prefer the 8-hour eating window approach to fasting, that you are doing 4 days a week, that's fine, go with it. Don't fight yourself, feel free to experiment with what works best. There are so many ways of incorporating fasting into one's life, you don't have to stick to the 5:2 format.

I am sure the CBT will help you, in the meantime, be kind to yourself!
Re: Not so positive!
20 Mar 2013, 22:33
Thanks Caro, I think you're right. I just want to do things "properly" but battling myself to stay inside the guidelines ends up being a problem as I get bad guilt if I slip and I end up spiraling!
I must admit I did pig out a bit today (after tea) but I've decided to get over it and let it go and tomorrow is another day.
Thanks for your kind words x
2 replies Page 1 of 1

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!