- July 2013

The Target Dress
27 Jul 2013, 19:58

+ May 2013
+ April 2013
+ March 2013

false low?

by Melanie Cheeks on 23 May 2013, 11:20

Why are people so hard on themselves? I think it was the Mumsnet lot (they are particularly self-crictical) where someone wouldn't record a new low weight seen on the scales after a fast because "it was a false low".

What?

Weight varies up and down during the day. It will increase depending on what food you've eaten and how recently, what kind of food it was, what exercise you've done, what clothes you're wearing. But the lowest weight will be your empty and naked weight. To me, that's the sensible one to measure and record - so that's first thing in the morning, no clothes, after a pee. If that's lower than the last time I measured, I'll record it. If it's not, I'll ignore it.

And another thing - debates about where your waist is? It's the smallest distance around your middle. Again, why all the angst about measuring such a distance from your belly button etc - go with the smallest. That's not cheating. Sometimes it's as if people are deliberately trying to find ways to fail.

And another thing - here's my recent experience with M&S:

Comments: I had a really disappointing experience today. I'm currently following the 5:2 eating plan, and 2 days a week keep my calories under 500. Other forums doing this eating approach had recommended the Delicious and Nutritious range, and I'd enjoyed the tuna mooli wraps for lunch last week. But I felt they were expensive at £3.50. On Saturday, shopping for something else in the Lisburn store, I got a voucher for £1 off the D&N range. Great, I thought, I'll have something nice for dinner on Thursday! I couldn't find any calorie info about the range online, but I'd set aside 200-250 calories for my meal. So here's what happened next.
1. I went out of my way to go to the Forestside store where I thought there'd be the largest range.
2. It wasn't easy to find the D&N range, seemed to be in several places.
3. None of the main meals came in at under 350 calories, and most were 400-500 and above.
4. I went back to the mooli wraps, and chose a beef one. At the till, it transpired that the £1 off did not apply to salads and wraps. Just how petty a decision was that!
5. The barcode when scanned into MyFitnessPal came up as the pork ones, not beef.
This was a thoroughly disheartening experience, and I will not be rushing back, even to utilise that £1 off voucher.
Last edited by Melanie Cheeks on 24 May 2013, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

Fasting is mental!
0 Comments   Viewed 4086 times

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!