June 10
May 6
April 17
March 4
17 posts Page 2 of 4

Lovely new graphs in your Tracker!

by Moogie » 19 Apr 2013, 12:35

Well, it didn't take me long to get to grips with the Google Charts system :D

So far I've only had time to put together the 3 individual overview graphs on users trackers, but I hope to do the forum charts over the weekend. I already have the basic code ready for the pie graphs.

This should reduce some of the server load (which in turn should reduce errors) as the graphs are not having to be created on the server anymore.

The Google charts are also nicer because you can hover your mouse over [...]

Important! Avatar uploads disabled

by Moogie » 22 Apr 2013, 10:57

It looks like the site has had a major surge in traffic since the documentary has aired in Australia a short while ago!

Looking at the server I can see one of the causes of the overload we just encountered is the way phpBB displays uploaded avatars - it sends them via a PHP file for security reasons, instead of just displaying the image file. This means that a huge amount of scripts are running at the same time & bugs the server out.

As a stopgap, I've disabled the uploading of avatars, in [...]

Support this site & get a FREE yummy Graze box! (UK)

by Moogie » 23 Apr 2013, 08:25

Okay, perhaps I got it the wrong way around - get a FREE yummy Graze box & support this site while doing so!

By signing up to try a free Graze box through these links, a small commission will be paid to this site at no cost to you :) So, not only do you get to try some delicious, calorie counted, healthy treats but you also get to feel all warm inside about helping to fund your favourite 5:2 site!

I've done the trial myself and much as I enjoyed the box, I couldn't justify the regular s [...]

Get cooking! 5:2 Fast Diet Recipe Books on the way :)

by Moogie » 24 Apr 2013, 08:44

Many of you may have already pre-ordered the Fast Diet Recipe Book by Mimi Spencer - well, according to her Twitter account it's coming out next week, so you should all start to receive your orders then!

I've also heard on the grapevine (alright, twitter) that Kate Harrison is launching a 5:2 Recipe Book which is also out soon. You can pre-order it here.

No sign of Kate's book on Amazon USA yet, but American members can pre-order The Fast Diet Recipe book here.

Meanwhile our new recipes sect [...]

Put this in your cake hole! Baking with a difference...

by Moogie » 25 Apr 2013, 10:51

Now here's a book I simply must pick up!

Love Bake Nourish: Healthier cakes, bakes and puddings full of fruit and flavour

I received an email this morning from Woman & Home magazine with the following intriguing headline:
Mashed potato in your next bake? It's the secret to a slimmer you

I don't normally read newsletters, but this one caught my eye. We all love cake don't we? :) So, I thought I'd share (yes, it's a fast day and yes cakes look all the more appealing to me today!)

Here's t [...]

17 posts Page 2 of 4

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!