October 4
September 3
August 7
July 6
June 10
May 6
April 17
March 4

User tagging & notifications now available!

by Moogie » 15 Jun 2013, 01:54

Oops, stayed up a bit later than I probably should have tonight looking into some additions for the forum ;)

Anyway, this one wasn't too tricky to get set up and all seems to be working properly!

You can now tag other users in your posts, using the tag bbcode, eg:

Code: Select all
[tag]Moogie[/tag]

This not only links directly to the user's profile but notifies the user by PM of where they were tagged - handy if you want to call a particular member's attention to a post!

You can also opt not [...]

Extended Fasting Discussion - the decision has been made

by Moogie » 16 Jun 2013, 14:55

Hi all and many thanks for your patience while the moderators and I discussed the opinions & vote in our 'have your say' topic about extended fasting discussion

The decision has been made in line with the majority preference of the members who voiced their opinions & voted - the official forum policy is now that we do not allow the discussion of extended fasting (near-0-calorie fasts for longer than 36 hours) except in the context of discussion of research in this field, within the 5:2 [...]

Attention British Male 5:2ers!!

by Moogie » 17 Jun 2013, 13:55

I've been contacted by a publisher who needs to source a male 5:2er for a brief telephone interview with a supermarket magazine for a forthcoming feature.

If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP, thanks.

@dominic
@breadandwine
@PhilT

Any PR types here? Or someone with Press/story experience?

by Moogie » 18 Jun 2013, 13:33

I've been discussing with the mods the possibility of putting out a sort of press release/story about the overall stats we've gathered through the tracker - something to bring a bit of positive, evidence based reporting to the 5:2 scene in the media (and also it would be so cool to see this site's name in the paper! I remember how proud I was when a gaming magazine featured my other site in it's hallowed pages... and when they published an interview with me!).

Anyway, with some amazing help fr [...]

Exclusive 15% discount code for Saints & Slimmers 5:2 Bundle

by Moogie » 20 Jun 2013, 11:07

A lovely lady at Saints & Slimmers has just emailed me to offer us an exclusive discount code for their 5:2 Meal Replacement Bundle.

I know meal replacements aren't to everyone's tastes, but with 15% off they could be worth a try for some of us :)

Use discount code 52PROMO for 15% off the 5:2 bundle. Valid until July 31st.

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!