October 4
September 3
August 7
July 6
June 10
May 6
April 17
March 4

Progress Tracker Update: Set your activity level!

by Moogie » 03 Jun 2013, 19:49

Just a quick update today as unfortunately I've got a big pile of work to get through (yes, this evening too :( ) but thought you'd all like to know that you can now enter your activity level in your progress tracker settings page - the TDEE calculation will be based on your selection. By default it is set to sedentary, so if you do more than me (ie actually get off your backside from time to time, lol) please do update your settings to get a more accurate TDEE reading.

Putting together a 5:2 Links page...

by Moogie » 04 Jun 2013, 14:45

Thought it might be nice to have a page collecting together useful 5:2 diet links - blogs, communities, tools, videos etc. I've made a start on it here:

5:2 Diet Links

If you run a 5:2 site or blog - or if you can think of any other useful links for the page - please do reply with the URL and I'll try to add it on ASAP :)

Not sure where I'm going to add the link to the page yet, but I should get it a bit more full of links first I guess!

Progress Tracker - more small updates :)

by Moogie » 04 Jun 2013, 16:49

Just a couple of little updates this evening, but that's two more things crossed off my list!

- Your progress charts page will now display your starting BMI and how many BMI points you've lost.

- The forum stats page now includes the standard deviation (can someone mathematical please tell me if the figure looks right, I've just a pre-built function and applied it to the array of losses so I think it should be right, but no idea what sort of figure it should be giving!). So far this figure is [...]

#hashtags: good enough for fb & twitter, good enough for us!

by Moogie » 14 Jun 2013, 16:41

I actually set this up last night but didn't get the chance to mention it :)

We now have a (very simple) form of hashtagging available at the forum. That is to say that if you add a #hashtag into your post it will automatically be converted into a link to find other posts with the same hashtag

This could be particularly useful for posts which we need to refer to a lot, for example we mods could add in some memorable hashtags into relevant topics (eg #scalestopic into Caroline's fantastic topic [...]

Tracker: Forum Stats to be publicly viewable?

by Moogie » 14 Jun 2013, 22:22

I've been wondering recently if the forum stats on the tracker (no, not your personal stats/charts!) should be viewable to all, registered or not? Perhaps without the ability to filter the stats (and a message saying they need to register to access that feature).

I think it might help encourage more people to try this way of eating if they can see the figures without committing first of all to using the forum & tracker.

It would also give us the opportunity to try to get a link on the Wik [...]

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!