August 7
July 6
June 10
May 6
April 17
March 4

by Moogie » 18 Jun 2014, 15:27

Hi all :)

I've just been chatting with our designer about the mobile version of the forum and have tried to raise with him the key problems with the current design when scaled down onto a mobile.

Just wanted to check if there are any key points I've missed - did my best to read through things and pick out the issues, but I don't want to miss something important - and I have a couple of days to be able to get back to him before things get finalised!

So, the two most important things I've noted to him are these:

- the links on the left (forum menu and user blogs) need to be more accessible as currently they wind up down the bottom of the screen, which is a pain to scroll down to.

- the font size is too small when viewed on a mobile device and could also benefit from being sans serif to make it clearer, possibly with the option of adjusting visible font size.

A couple of issues I am about to raise with the tech guys regarding fixing the responsive design up to work better on mobiles are:

- Occasional oddities with the screen width, sometimes things shrink a bit and head to the left, leaving a gap on the right (probably something to do with the dropdown menu on a mobile?)

- Can we hide the avatars to make for faster loading when the screen width is below a certain size? (eg: on a mobile device)

- The yellow bar gets in the way a bit when trying to post in landscape view on a mobile device as the keyboard (a necessity) also takes up a lot of screen!

I forgot to mention that we could do with a bit less whitespace on the topic/forum lists but will email him about that now. This may look better when the font is bigger anyway :)

Okay, now shout if I missed anything?

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!