September 3
August 7
July 6
June 10
May 6
April 17
March 4

by Moogie » 08 Jul 2013, 10:29

This has come up in a number of topics and I thought it was about time I put up some news to get the ball rolling!

Many of us are saving money through 5:2 - eating less for 2 days a week :) I've had people offering to send money to help fund the site, but I've always asked them to give it to charity instead - the ads on this site cover our running costs, so why should you have to part with your hard earned cash to pay for this place when big companies are happy to do so?

Anyway, to the matter at hand. I'd like to set up a JustGiving page where we can raise funds for good causes - in particular I was thinking of the FoodBank charity. We're choosing to go hungry a couple of days a week, but there are families out there who can't afford a decent meal and FoodBank is there to help them.

Kate Harrison did something similar with the 'Donate Your Dinner' campaign, although I'm not sure what charities they donated to I don't think FoodBank was one of them.

So, let's do something helpful and kind as a community!

First, we need a name for the campaign - and a nice logo we can put on the site & on the JustGiving page. So, anyone got any ideas? Any graphic designers here want to put a logo together once we've got a name?

Some suggestions:

'Lose weight, give hope'
'Lose, Save, Give'
'Piggy Bank'
'lbs for £s'
'Fasting for Food'

Get your thinking caps on and let's hear those ideas!

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!