The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

12 posts Page 1 of 1
BareNaked Noodles
25 Jan 2014, 10:17
Has anyone tried them?

I'd be interested to know what you thought.

Thanks.
Re: BareNaked Noodles
25 Jan 2014, 10:40
Hi Geri! funnily enough I tried them for the first time this week. I avoided the zero ones as others said how awful they smelled but these we OK. No need to rinse them, although I did, just pop them in a pan, I fried mine in butter with onion and mushrooms and they were rather nice. They are not quite as nice as the real deal but if, like me, you are trying to cut back on carbs then they are are a very acceptable alternative. Was in H & B yesterday and bought some more so, there you go, good luck with them

Ballerina x :heart:
25 Jan 2014, 18:31
I like these too, they're better than slim noodles/pasta/rice etc! There's more to them... Wish they weren't so expensive though!
25 Jan 2014, 18:33
Thank you ladies. I'll give them a go.
25 Jan 2014, 18:35
YUK

Tried them when they were featured on dragons den last autumn. We've had a few discussions on here about them.
I'm in the YUK camp, but it's a personal preference thing, I wish I did like them as cal count is v low. I go for shredded courgette or cabbage instead. And they're a bit pricey unless holland Barrett are doing a Penny sale.
25 Jan 2014, 18:40
Oh I JUST bought a couple of packs today to chuck in with the stir fry I have on my fast days.... will let you know what I think in due course :)
25 Jan 2014, 18:41
I remember the discussion and that's why I never even considered the 'slim' ones, they sounded ghastly but I don't mind the Barenaked ones. I will still eat proper noodles but these are a nice standby especially for a fast day. Couldn't eat them without a tasty sauce or something else but, yes, they get my vote

Ballerina :heart:
26 Jan 2014, 08:54
I had the "slim spaghetti" yesterday. It was ok but they are very chewy. I have barenaked ones to try to as well as "slim rice"
26 Jan 2014, 13:22
Thank you for the input. I did search for any previous threads but didn't find much. I have some friends who have tried the shiritaki noodles but mentioned a funky, fishy type smell/taste so that put me off. The BareNaked ones apparently don't have that & I wondered if it was true.

Do they have any side effects? Some "diet" products I've tried in the past have had a mild laxative effect which maybe why they're marketed at dieters :shock:

Thank you again. I do appreciate that you've have all taken the time to reply.
26 Jan 2014, 13:36
I've never tried Barenaked noodles but I have tried the slim noodles - they upset my stomach a bit and did have the ...ahem...laxative effect so I haven't tried them since.
26 Jan 2014, 13:40
I'm also in the Yuk camp I'm afraid. Although they were marginally preferable to the zero noodles (no foul smell, look more appetising), the texture still gets me every time.

I still wish they'd make a 50% pasta/50% konjac noodle mix so it's half cal pasta with a much better texture than zero/barenaked...
19 Apr 2014, 03:37
I am noticing that only some bags of these have the smell. I'm thinking it might have to do with how old they are. The ones from the Chinese grocery had no smell at all until I let them sit in the fridge for a few days.
12 posts Page 1 of 1